Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying comparing a 1 point lead to the biggest lead in the history of the game (English top-flight) is a stretch at best.
You were the one comparing the leads.

I will compare the fan bases though. Juventus fans are really behaving in a very admirable fashion and their call to concede any claim to the title shows how they prioritise their nation's health over football. The rs fans, just want a shiny trophy and would let the country suffer the consequences.

Still can’t understand the logic in thinking that resuming the season is a pro-Liverpool decision. It’s not. There are literally dozens of teams up and down the leagues that would feel unfairly done by with a voided season.

60+ teams have already kicked up a fuss about the conference / national league season being voided. You’d have to expect a bigger and stronger reaction the further up the leagues you go, hence the desperation to complete from all parties.

Voiding only suits a small minority of clubs. Those clubs are conflating the argument with the whole “how could you put Football before lives” nonsense argument and I don’t think that’s ever going to be an issue.

Whatever the outcome, Football won’t be played again unless it’s declared safe to do by the government.
I vote void for you Keiran. I don't want you stewarding one of those virus infected stadiums and then putting your multi-million employment agency at risk.

How’s that mate?

Wheather the outcome is voiding or resuming, either has the same impact on people’s health - zero.

They’ll resume the current season when it’s safe to do so OR they’ll void and resume the next season when it’s safe to do so.

Either way, we’ll only get back to playing Football when it’s safe to do so.
Strictly speaking its never safe where Kopites are, you never know what ambulances and buses might get attacked.

How’s that mate?

Wheather the outcome is voiding or resuming, either has the same impact on people’s health - zero.

They’ll resume the current season when it’s safe to do so OR they’ll void and resume the next season when it’s safe to do so.

Either way, we’ll only get back to playing Football when it’s safe to do so.

so why wait how long to try and finish then try for the nxt? It’s easier to cancel the current one

why Matty ?? I really don't get this point, the reality is that Football will not return until it is safe to do so, there is no way there will be a behind closed doors tournament in the middle of a Pandemic & football will hopefully start again when it is safe to do so.

With this in mind, why does voiding suit better than finishing it up??

I’ve already explained trying to wait for something to finish one thing then we have to try or don’t know when to do another? Swerve the current one and then try IF we can to start a new season

so why wait how long to try and finish then try for the nxt? It’s easier to cancel the current one

Because it will cost all clubs a lot of money Matty, we’re talking hundreds of millions in some cases, to end the season early, with games to play and fates undecided, thats why.

Then, on top of that, you have the nightmare scenario of how prize money is carved up, who is relegated / promoted and how european spots are apportioned, which is a whole other mess that the authorities just do not want, understandably so.

It’s far, far easier for clubs, players and the authorities to simply freeze everything, defer wages, delay international tournaments, extend player contracts where possible (all of which you are seeing happen right now, it’s being done and has already been done) than to void an entire league season.

That decision was taken at conference level already and 60+ clubs at that level have already wrote to authorities to overturn the decision. Imagine that on a national scale for the 92 Football League clubs and you can see why the preference for all concerned (bar a small minority) is to resume when possibly and ONLY when it is safe to do so.

I’ve already explained trying to wait for something to finish one thing then we have to try or don’t know when to do another? Swerve the current one and then try IF we can to start a new season

i'm desperately trying not to be argumentative here and agree it could end up getting voided but again you're just saying because it would be better. I'm asking why would it be better?

Swerving this season to try to see "IF" we can start next season isn't a reason; swerving this season brings huge issues about next season before you get into the safety issues around coronavirus and mass gatherings. We have already seen 60 non league teams write to the FA in an attempt to appeal the decision to void the National league and it this for sure will carry into the 91 clubs from the PL to League 2...

If your sole argument is purely timing, i think it's a moot point, timings are going to be in disarray anyway no matter what format football comes back in.....

You were the one comparing the leads.

I will compare the fan bases though. Juventus fans are really behaving in a very admirable fashion and their call to concede any claim to the title shows how they prioritise their nation's health over football. The rs fans, just want a shiny trophy and would let the country suffer the consequences.
Who said "let the country suffer the consequences"?

Status
Not open for further replies.