Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows for how long this COVID 19 situation is going to continue, but it hasn't peaked and it'll be a long time. So much has to happen before the
season could resume and could we expect players to retain even a reasonable level of fitness. What about their holidays? Even if on April 3 they were told to
take their break until further notice they would lose all fitness and then have to play 10 or more games and that's before we start talking about Europe and
play offs. Then there's the 20/21 pre-season. And when will spectators be allowed back in? This virus isn't just about football, and there are many other
human activity issues to be dealt with. There are lots of other problems to be dealt with, but that's enough, for now

Let the people worry about football today because they will not have the opportunity again.

I'm wondering at what point people decide that the risk is too much and that they won't go to work and they have to decide where they want to be for the duration.

If I was on minimum not particularly invested in the system. I wouldn't go in. The benefit has to outweigh the risk, wherever you live. Some folks can't understand why toilet paper is getting sold out. Whatever the commodity, you have to understand that to buy that, the cashier is most likely on minimum wage, if they get sick or don't fancy the risk. Or the delivery driver or at the point of production. Who replaces them?

Ok, maybe the army, is that 1 million to 360 million Americans or 100k for 65 million Brits. Yeah that's spreading it thin at best. Welcome to queuing for essential items.

So if you don't go in, you don't get paid. Does looting start? It did New Orleans. I worked there after the hurricane. The stories from the residents were horrific. Desperate people will do anything to survive. I posted earlier about normalcy bias, it's remarkable just how many people think everything will stay the same.

There's two constants in life, taxes and change. Change is inevitable, taxes only when people are willing to collect them.

I'm wondering at what point people decide that the risk is too much and that they won't go to work and they have to decide where they want to be for the duration.

I run a health assessment clinic, no emergencies, routine stuff but we've had absolutely no communication about minimising patient contact or stopping the clinics because it's all about cash.
I know that's obvious and also nurses work through stuff like that but it just seems they will keep it as long as possible until it is too late to do anything else.
I don't mind hospital work going on, im working a shift on Sunday on a kids eating disorder ward and obviously the show goes on.

But at what point do you just say stuff it. Im going to look after my mum and dad and let's go through it together.

I have a nervous feeling that this is the lull in the storm.
I would think that as the demand increases they will suspend the clinics and your place of work for the duration will be hospital based .

If I was on minimum not particularly invested in the system. I wouldn't go in. The benefit has to outweigh the risk, wherever you live. Some folks can't understand why toilet paper is getting sold out. Whatever the commodity, you have to understand that to buy that, the cashier is most likely on minimum wage, if they get sick or don't fancy the risk. Or the delivery driver or at the point of production. Who replaces them?

Ok, maybe the army, is that 1 million to 360 Americans or 100k for 65 million Brits. Yeah that's spreading it thin at best. Welcome to queuing for essential items.

So if you don't go in, you don't get paid. Does looting start? It did New Orleans. I worked there after the hurricane. The stories from the residents were horrific. Desperate people will do anything to survive. I posted earlier about normalcy bias, it's remarkable just how many people thing everything will stay the same.

There's two constants in life, taxes and change. Change is inevitable, taxes only when people are willing to collect them.

That's what i mean.

I have a relatively well paid job in an area i really enjoy living in but I'm only going in on Monday to keep my job because im on an absence plan.

If i wasn't invested as you say, no way i would go in.

And I'm looking down Tooting high street now, once all those little shops shut or run out it could get nasty quickly.

Barricade the flat and take shifts guarding the flat at night. Going out hunting for food by day, breaking into warehouses and empty houses. Bringing the girls from the flat downstairs into our group, they are doctors which will be useful and they have extra provisions.
There will be attempted break ins but there are few entry points, we'll leave the body of the first guy outside where it fell to warn off others.
Mobile phone networks will be broken down so we'll have to get radio comms working.

It's going to be a rough old time.

I would think that as the demand increases they will suspend the clinics and your place of work for the duration will be hospital based .

I think they will have to in the end because nobody will be coming in for them anyway.

It's just that will we miss a window to leave in the meantime?

The club have taken the opportunity to don superman outfits with Big Bad Bill at the forefront in dishing out superpacks to the elderly at this testing media driven time which is a super phenominal upgrade on the times we have neglected the elderly in every other flu driven season that wasn't in the public eye being the super shits we are

I think they will have to in the end because nobody will be coming in for them anyway.

It's just that will we miss a window to leave in the meantime?
I don't think nurses have a choice in the matter , a mates sister works in hospital based paediatrics, her child was unwell with a temp at home , she spoke to her manager and was told in no uncertain times that the hospital took priority over her family .

I don't think nurses have a choice in the matter , a mates sister works in hospital based paediatrics, her child was unwell with a temp at home , she spoke to her manager and was told in no uncertain times that the hospital took priority over her family .

Well its a bit different for me, i run a clinic with appointments booked well in advance for routine assessments. Nobody is ever at risk during that.

I do still work hospitals but on the bank so I pick when and where.

I'm sure the hospital protocol might say that but if you have a mother with a sick child they might just see the priority the other way.

I dont have kids, not married so it's never bothered me, i always stay late in emergencies etc or to look after the team.

But nursing is fairly unique in the job market in that there are more vacancies than nurses. It's a sellers market. You could walk out and be working again as soon as your dbs check came through.

Which is entirely justified. Hospitals need to stay open, their staff will face exhaustion and stress levels on wartime levels. Volunteering could be a solution for communities.

Looking after yourself, family and loved one's at this moment has to be the priority even if it means minimizing travel apart for essential necessities. Work, food etc. Responsible behavior will lessen the burden placed on public servants. If managed correctly the infrastructure is more than capable of dealing with this.

Well its a bit different for me, i run a clinic with appointments booked well in advance for routine assessments. Nobody is ever at risk during that.

I do still work hospitals but on the bank so I pick when and where.

I'm sure the hospital protocol might say that but if you have a mother with a sick child they might just see the priority the other way.

I dont have kids, not married so it's never bothered me, i always stay late in emergencies etc or to look after the team.

But nursing is fairly unique in the job market in that there are more vacancies than nurses. It's a sellers market. You could walk out and be working again as soon as your dbs check came through.
I agree with what you saying but unfortunately anyone who has worked in the NHS is aware that a covert bullying culture still exists in some areas .

I know there's way more important things to worry about, but given our financial results last year does this put us in a big hole for the next set?

And if this thing never truly goes away, and comes back every winter (endemic, I believe?) does that put the entire sport in some level of jeopardy?

I know there's way more important things to worry about, but given our financial results last year does this put us in a big hole for the next set?

And if this thing never truly goes away, and comes back every winter (endemic, I believe?) does that put the entire sport in some level of jeopardy?

The sport is finished.

We'll be kicking human heads in the street vaguely remembering when life didn't mean pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.