Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no faith in the corrupt league to do the sensible thing.

They'll want an easy a time as possible and be seen as being reasonable.

Anyone seriously holding out these next 1-2 months for them to be denied the title will be in for disappointment.

I and most made their peace with it months ago - dont fall into having faith again.

I'm talking in general sadsack.

I actually think they'll find them a way to give them the league too.

I just wonder if anyone can consistently think as catastrophically as you for any given situation.

If Everton has done this to you i understand. I used to expect us to win, then at least get a result, then lose but play well, then lose but at least get a goal and now I'm vaguely satisfied if they dont manage to completely embarrass themselves on telly.

Positive mental attitude dude, me and you.

lads saying everton will want the season cancelling because of the title bla bla, not that for me I want it cancelling because it’s been a disaster for Everton, the only glimmer left this season is getting into a potential Europa qualifier spot and let’s be honest that’s a nightmare for anyone with aspirations of having a good league campaign.

Time to gather stock identify changes to personal and get it right next season.

wrap Carlo in wool

lads saying everton will want the season cancelling because of the title bla bla, not that for me I want it cancelling because it’s been a disaster for Everton, the only glimmer left this season is getting into a potential Europa qualifier spot and let’s be honest that’s a nightmare for anyone with aspirations of having a good league campaign.

Time to gather stock identify changes to personal and get it right next season.

wrap Carlo in wool

Suit yourself but I pretty much solely want it cancelled because of the title.

NEA

I don't think it's unreasonable to postpone, in fact it would be fair and equitable. Would it be a hassle, yes. But these are exceptional times. If the season isn't voided, handing the title to Liverpool is the equivalent of declaring the rabbit victory over the turtle. It goes completely against the notion of competition and fair play.

Do we award victory to a runner who stumbles just before the finish line and loses, because "they deserve it"? That would set a precedent that would render competitive sport meaningless. You simply win when you have won. If that wasn't the case, surely we could just judge on who looks the best or most likely to win and be done with it. Otherwise why compete in the first place?

If the season isn't to be voided, the only way to win the premiership in a sporting manner and with dignity is to accept that the remaining fixtures are to be postponed to a date when they can be fulfilled. Anything other than that looks base, shallow and will be rendered meaningless. Again I think Everton and the vast majority of clubs are quite rightly, behind the notion to ensure integrity.

This is true but by God I hope we don't get to that.

I do too but i think this could go very nasty very quickly and there's no way to easily contain a panicked population who will continue to spread the infection amongst widespread looting, violence and the breakdown of law and order.

I've always thought that half the global population at least will go via some sort of disease or infection, i just hoped i would never see it. And i didn't think this would be the big one actually so let's keep hoping.

I do too but i think this could go very nasty very quickly and there's no way to easily contain a panicked population who will continue to spread the infection amongst widespread looting, violence and the breakdown of law and order.

I've always thought that half the global population at least will go via some sort of disease or infection, i just hoped i would never see it. And i didn't think this would be the big one actually so let's keep hoping.

If we underestimate or follow a data picture 14 days ago we're in trouble. Decisions have to be made quickly that will minimize suffering. Interests, politics, money has to be put aside for the greater good. And I think for a period we all have to accept that normality is going to be suspended.

If we underestimate or follow a data picture 14 days ago we're in trouble. Decisions have to be made quickly that will minimize suffering. Interests, politics, money has to be put aside for the greater good. And I think for a period we all have to accept that normality is going to be suspended.

I'm wondering at what point people decide that the risk is too much and that they won't go to work and they have to decide where they want to be for the duration.

I run a health assessment clinic, no emergencies, routine stuff but we've had absolutely no communication about minimising patient contact or stopping the clinics because it's all about cash.
I know that's obvious and also nurses work through stuff like that but it just seems they will keep it as long as possible until it is too late to do anything else.
I don't mind hospital work going on, im working a shift on Sunday on a kids eating disorder ward and obviously the show goes on.

But at what point do you just say stuff it. Im going to look after my mum and dad and let's go through it together.

I have a nervous feeling that this is the lull in the storm.

No winners
No relegations
No promotions
EL and CL teams are whoever qualified 18/19 season.
Prize money divided equally between all 20 teams.
I can see a valid argument here. There is a precedent for clubs qualifying for Europe and not being allowed to compete.

No one knows for how long this COVID 19 situation is going to continue, but it hasn't peaked and it'll be a long time. So much has to happen before the
season could resume and could we expect players to retain even a reasonable level of fitness. What about their holidays? Even if on April 3 they were told to
take their break until further notice they would lose all fitness and then have to play 10 or more games and that's before we start talking about Europe and
play offs. Then there's the 20/21 pre-season. And when will spectators be allowed back in? This virus isn't just about football, and there are many other
human activity issues to be dealt with. There are lots of other problems to be dealt with, but that's enough, for now

Status
Not open for further replies.