Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The telegraph article (not sure if someone has posted it) simply demonstrates how afraid the premier league are of facing lawsuits if the season isn’t completed. The article states that the options the league is considering are:

. Awarding Liverpool the title
. No team will be relegated
. Leeds and West Brom are promoted, creating a 22 team league- 5 teams would go down in the subsequent season.
. The current top 4 and last seasons top 4 would all enter the Champions League- talk of the competition having an expanded qualifying scenario to mitigate this.

Now the article is obviously a lot of speculation and theorising at this point but it smacks of keeping everybody happy.

But it’s not tho is it? it’s not fair on other clubs as it stands now

The telegraph article (not sure if someone has posted it) simply demonstrates how afraid the premier league are of facing lawsuits if the season isn’t completed. The article states that the options the league is considering are:

. Awarding Liverpool the title
. No team will be relegated
. Leeds and West Brom are promoted, creating a 22 team league- 5 teams would go down in the subsequent season.
. The current top 4 and last seasons top 4 would all enter the Champions League- talk of the competition having an expanded qualifying scenario to mitigate this.

Now the article is obviously a lot of speculation and theorising at this point but it smacks of keeping everybody happy.

Are Leeds and West Brom guaranteed 1st and 2nd in the Championship? If not what right do they have to be promoted.

Probably not Mac, no, but I can see a situation where the Prem tell teams that they're going to give them the title in order to figure out one problem unless there are objections

No one will object on the basis that they are 543 points clear

Totally agree mate, I just wonder if their opinion matters. If they win the league then surely everyone has to agree x finishes 2nd, y finishes 3rd and z finishes 4th etc.

imo it needs to be finished
Or
It needs to be scrapped

To be given the title would be like saying Everton were 5-0 up in the semi final of the FA Cup and the other semi was 0-0, the final can't be played so let's give it to Everton because they were winning by a distance before the competition came to a close.

Make no mistake, however they get given the title they'll celebrate it like there's no tomorrow, they aren't arsed one jot how it's given as long as its given.

It doesn't grate on me. I'm just asking you to be up front about you're reasoning, you want the league to be voided and it's motivated by your desire to punish Liverpool. That's absolutely fine, mate. I have no problem with that.

I've never once said I have an issue with anyone supporting that outcome, I'm just saying I don't think it's a particularly likely one.

Your defending it tho which is odd. We want the season voided and that’s it

Not just contracts being up.

What about loan players in the lower leagues. These guys play every week.
They will all go back to their clubs in June.

Not just about the PL this.

Exactly, I'm sure all contract agreements with lower league clubs could be extended until the end of the season too. It defeats the purpose of any loan to send the player back to his parent club at a crucial time in the season with just a handful of games to run.

Again, very easy objection to overcome.

Totally agree mate, I just wonder if their opinion matters. If they win the league then surely everyone has to agree x finishes 2nd, y finishes 3rd and z finishes 4th etc.

imo it needs to be finished
Or
It needs to be scrapped

To be given the title would be like saying Everton were 5-0 up in the semi final of the FA Cup and the other semi was 0-0, the final can't be played so let's give it to Everton because they were winning by a distance before the competition came to a close.

Make no mistake, however they get given the title they'll celebrate it like there's no tomorrow, they aren't arsed one jot how it's given as long as its given.

I would say I have the plague or something and threaten to roll about on there open bus lol

This is what should happen in my eyes if we can’t resume in April:

- 2019/20 never happened.
- Leagues reset in August with all teams staying in the league they were in 2018/19 except if there are teams mathematically in a promotion position and a relegated team above them mathematically down.
- CL and EL have same qualifying rounds as last summer and same teams in them as last season.

Simple.

Exactly, I'm sure all contract agreements with lower league clubs could be extended until the end of the season too. It defeats the purpose of any loan to send the player back to his parent club at a crucial time in the season with just a handful of games to run.

Again, very easy objection to overcome.
Not so sure. Some clubs will be losing money hand over fist and won't be able to afford them any more.

We want the season voided and that’s it

And that's absolutely fine. As long as you're clear why, rather than pontificating and suggesting it's because of your concern about scheduling conflicts, player welfare or contract expirations.

This is what should happen in my eyes if we can’t resume in April:

- 2019/20 never happened.
- Leagues reset in August with all teams staying in the league they were in 2018/19 except if there are teams mathematically in a promotion position and a relegated team above them mathematically down.
- CL and EL have same qualifying rounds as last summer and same teams in them as last season.

Simple.
Does that mean we get in the EL due to City's ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.