Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what should happen in my eyes if we can’t resume in April:

- 2019/20 never happened.
- Leagues reset in August with all teams staying in the league they were in 2018/19 except if there are teams mathematically in a promotion position and a relegated team above them mathematically down.
- CL and EL have same qualifying rounds as last summer and same teams in them as last season.

Simple.

Christ alive Jimbo, agree

This is what should happen in my eyes if we can’t resume in April:

- 2019/20 never happened.
- Leagues reset in August with all teams staying in the league they were in 2018/19 except if there are teams mathematically in a promotion position and a relegated team above them mathematically down.
- CL and EL have same qualifying rounds as last summer and same teams in them as last season.

Simple.

Just reset
the lot

Here's a question for you, then. Are you a Liverpool supporter? And be very clear when answering.

Yes. I'm a massive Liverpool supporter who has been a regular on an Everton site for 4 years+.

Does that make my opinion invalid mate?

I genuinely dont care whether we cancel the season or eventually get the go ahead to finish the remaining games. Makes no difference to us.

But to suggest there are simple solutions to all this is just silly.

The season will only be finished if there is an improvement in the situation in the next 2 or 3 months. And that's anyone's guess.

If it's not possible for football to restart in the next 2 or 3 months then we have far bigger problems, and football will hardly matter.

Won’t happen like but makes sense. Most leagues have like 10 games left, sure it’s a financial hit but so much less confusing than this postponed league, delayed start to future seasons, moving dates for summer tournaments etc.

You do realise all this was happening before Corona though, right?

I am as miserable and negative as the next Evertonian but there’s no way they will give them a title for not winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.