Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scenes on here when the season is void and Big Red are still awarded the title.

Its happening boys - atleast with games to be played we had the chance of laughing at West Ham and Moist going down to soften the blow.
It won't matter. League titles, and all football trophies are what it's all about and the exhilaration for the fans is one of the best feelings you can have.
It's a fleeting thing, though, and it soon becomes a statistic. The more I see of the way this virus is impacting on Britain the less likely I think there's any
chance of this season being resumed.

How is Leicester's title viewed now? Great for a while, but just a piece of history fading from the memory. Liverpool fans won't be able to celebrate and
! say that with no pleasure, honestly. It's just the way it is.

I live in Melbourne. Yes most houses in this country, in fact nearly all, are detached, although there has been a growing trend for many years to having two
'units' on the same block. Apartment blocks are being developed at a massive rate and I see them as future slums. Slums might be too strong a word, but
certainly the Australian tradition of families living on a quarter acre block is disappearing.

The reason I offer for that lengthy description is to assert my point that the virus infection is no more likely to occur in housing close together than in a detached
property if people are observing isolation and social distancing rules.

Australia's aging population ratio has been increasing constantly because of longer life expectancy just like other first world countries, and I doubt that the
percentage is any lower here. In fact , the increasing cost of welfare (age pension) and infrastructure to accommodate the aged has been talked about here
for a long time.

Miles off topic on a football forum, I know, but I think the mods are sensibly allowing for the fact that there isn't any football.
The population over 65 in Australia is 15.7% in the UK it is 18%,I think your conclusion that the density of housing has no effect is wrong ,yes if you stay in then there should be no difference but it is outside the home where it changes and everyone must get out sometime .I feel the social distancing is a measure to help and it is not the be all and end all as they still are not sure how it transfers .

I think that is exactly what will happen. There are far too many stakeholders now, all of whom are simply looking out for their own financial interests. It has led to this bloated version of the game that we now see, but it is really a fragile structure that teeters like some game of jenga. No one wants to be the party to take out the final piece by saying void the season, because they know that is how the whole thing breaks down.
It might be a little slower for a while but people have short memories. Once the virus has left the forefront of people's minds this will be just another piece of history and the obscene amounts of money in football will continue.

Have our players took a pay cut yet? Might too busy to discuss as their on their playstation

That’s a bit unfair mate. You can’t play PS in a jacuzzi suit. I’d say only a majority of them are tied up on Fifa premium £1000 edition.

The Italian Government is set to accept the protocol for resuming Serie A training, but only if clubs donate five COVID-19 test kits for every one they use. A protocol was drawn up by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) to ensure the safety of players and staff when returning to work after the lockdown. This would include training in small groups to maintain social distancing, changing rooms with at most three people, showers to be taken at home and regular cleaning of the facilities.

More importantly, the players and staff would be subjected to at first daily swab and blood tests to check for COVID-19 or its antibodies.

There were concerns that this would use up a large number of tests when the country is still in the grip of the pandemic.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, the matter was resolved by clubs agreeing to donate five test kits for every one they use during this period.

It’ll ensure that each citizen can be tested for coronavirus and football won’t take up a disproportionate amount of the resources.

Once the Government gives the all-clear, Italian football should be ready to resume training from May 4 or soon after.

I'm sure they'll have discussions should they require them. If they havent been asked to, why would they offer?
Because of the obscene amount of money they are on each week while sitting there doing nothing. For me, as a group they should be offering. 30% of £100,000 would still leave them with £70,000 a week. Enough to keep them stocked up with playstation games

Status
Not open for further replies.