Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nhs staff, doctors nurses but all staff, porters, receptionists. Carers, the lot are absolute heroes aren't they.

I've seen some members on here saying they are either front line workers or their families are. Literally putting their lives on the line. It's heavy. They should be saluted.

And when this is done the workers who have died trying to save lives, should have statues erected if them. There's already 3 or 4 in Liverpool alone.

Those who either go in or watch as family members or partners go in and try to make that difference , I don't know how you cope. You have my eternal respect.

It breaks my heart.
Not going to happen. Once this is done people will be more interested in what Gemma Collins is doing.

I think Sky/the prem have alot to answer for.

How many (particularly young lads) spend their weekends obsessed with football acca's, Super Duper Sunday and can have their weekends ruined by the result of a footie match?

I'll be honest I'll likely go back to that but part of me has enjoyed getting away from having SSN as my default channel on the box and having a nark on when Everton get tonked on the late Sunday kick off after the anticipation all weekend waiting for the match.

I want the bottom to fall out of it all. It's an absolute disgrace we haven't cancelled the season yet and shows this country values money over lives. Even one life lost to the altar of sky/BT is too much, and at least one would directly or indirectly be lost if they try behind closed doors due to the numbers involved in putting a game on and then their families.

If they try that, I'm done.

If they take the sensible approach, I hope the obscene horrible amounts of money disappear. Throwing that type of money around in what will likely be record unemployment and even more brutal austerity is horrible in itself. Football has a place in society, but one equivalent to the 70s or 80s or maybe even earlier (minus the violence but there'll be a lot of angry people after this so no guarantees there). I have no problem with a hard reset. And yes, if everton were in financial trouble like other clubs, I'd still hold the same opinion

And I'm in my early 30s. I've morally disassociated from the game recently but still enjoyed it til this. but even considering finishing the season for money is a disgrace beyond what I can put into words.

This isnt going away, but football's reputation and goodwill with the previously tolerant public could do

I want the bottom to fall out of it all. It's an absolute disgrace we haven't cancelled the season yet and shows this country values money over lives. Even one life lost to the altar of sky/BT is too much, and at least one would directly or indirectly be lost if they try behind closed doors due to the numbers involved in putting a game on and then their families.

If they try that, I'm done.

If they take the sensible approach, I hope the obscene horrible amounts of money disappear. Throwing that type of money around in what will likely be record unemployment and even more brutal austerity is horrible in itself. Football has a place in society, but one equivalent to the 70s or 80s or maybe even earlier (minus the violence but there'll be a lot of angry people after this so no guarantees there). I have no problem with a hard reset. And yes, if everton were in financial trouble like other clubs, I'd still hold the same opinion

And I'm in my early 30s. I've morally disassociated from the game recently but still enjoyed it til this. but even considering finishing the season for money is a disgrace beyond what I can put into words.

This isnt going away, but football's reputation and goodwill with the previously tolerant public could do
I think that is exactly what will happen. There are far too many stakeholders now, all of whom are simply looking out for their own financial interests. It has led to this bloated version of the game that we now see, but it is really a fragile structure that teeters like some game of jenga. No one wants to be the party to take out the final piece by saying void the season, because they know that is how the whole thing breaks down.

My 2 Uncles the same, every Saturday they woulf meet for a day on the ale and the bookies, still doing it in their 80s.
Sadly he has been gone some time now but he worked away all week and then came 'home' at the weekend went to the bookies followed by the pub with his mates all day saturday, took my mum out on saturday night then hit the pub sunday lunchtime and evening he stayed home. What a life!!

The scenes on here when the season is void and Big Red are still awarded the title.

Its happening boys - atleast with games to be played we had the chance of laughing at West Ham and Moist going down to soften the blow.

You need to take into account population age and underlying health problems plus have you been to Oz? In terms of housing they have much more space between than we have.
I live in Melbourne. Yes most houses in this country, in fact nearly all, are detached, although there has been a growing trend for many years to having two
'units' on the same block. Apartment blocks are being developed at a massive rate and I see them as future slums. Slums might be too strong a word, but
certainly the Australian tradition of families living on a quarter acre block is disappearing.

The reason I offer for that lengthy description is to assert my point that the virus infection is no more likely to occur in housing close together than in a detached
property if people are observing isolation and social distancing rules.

Australia's aging population ratio has been increasing constantly because of longer life expectancy just like other first world countries, and I doubt that the
percentage is any lower here. In fact , the increasing cost of welfare (age pension) and infrastructure to accommodate the aged has been talked about here
for a long time.

Miles off topic on a football forum, I know, but I think the mods are sensibly allowing for the fact that there isn't any football.

Status
Not open for further replies.