Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another one

United are still in with a chance of reaching the Champions League, so won't be their owners that want the season cancelled, be Everton & City just being bitter.

Oh and this one from Ray K. Isn't he aware that Liverpool played Athletico Madrid on Wednesday night in front of ~50000 fans? Unbelievable!

It's insane and completely irresponsible that both the Cheltenham races and the Wales-Scotland rugby match are still going ahead.

[Poor language removed] every selfish Irish person who went to Cheltenham knowing full well the risks involved.

The self delusion from some of them is incredible, though there are one or two level headed one's on there, like the guy who replied. One also said they are as much to blame for allowing Athletico Fans in there thousand in their ground. I'm sure I said much the same, before the game.

Premier league rules state the title cannot be awarded nor any position confirmed without all the fixtures being completed... If there's no football until May then this season is over.

Lol. If that happened, I'd be getting one of these for my bedside table

Attachments

• covidpicture.jpg
    covidpicture.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 49
The self delusion from some of them is incredible, though there are one or two level headed one's on there, like the guy who replied. One also said they are as much to blame for allowing Athletico Fans in there thousand in their ground. I'm sure I said much the same, before the game.

Shucks, nice self praise there, sorry, I'm sure lots of us on here said the same thing beforehand.

But they’re completing it aren’t they and swerving the euros?

They haven't announced anything on that yet.

All I'm saying is that the league rules don't allow any position to be considered final until all fixtures are completed. The question now is whether they can be safely (and practically given contracts/transfer windows etc) completed before the whol shebang has to gear up again.

I can see them trying to move euros next summer and play the season this summer. That way everyone still gets their money. I don’t know how they’ll get round the problem of some clubs not training for weeks on end but I imagine they’ll try and shoehorn it in on a compressed timetable. They’ve not bothered about the integrity of competition this season with blatant VAR match manipulation so I don’t see why they’d care now with billions of pounds at stake.

I can see them trying to move euros next summer and play the season this summer. That way everyone still gets their money. I don’t know how they’ll get round the problem of some clubs not training for weeks on end but I imagine they’ll try and shoehorn it in on a compressed timetable. They’ve not bothered about the integrity of competition this season with blatant VAR match manipulation so I don’t see why they’d care now with billions of pounds at stake.

I was happy this morning (with the football news) not the ill health of people btw.

Now I’m deflated again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.