Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheff Utd might want to stand up in court if they lost their player of the season for the last 9 games and missed out on Europe actually.

Might want to try keeping hold of such a vital player then, hadn't they?

Would love to see how they'd prepare that argument in court, like. lol

They're absolutely right to do everything within their power to get this season over the line. Postponing the Euros and allowing extra time is the right thing to do.

But I think it will be ridiculous if the season continues beyond 30th June.

It makes no odds who you support, or at least is shouldn't - there's a reason the laws of the game have deadlines.

Or, hang on a minute, what if he wants to leave?

Quite a picture you're painting. If he wants to leave and won't sign a new deal then he's going anyway isn't he?

Unfortunately, that scenario of their own creation, has been exacerbated by an unprecedented global pandemic, meaning they lose him for the last few games of the season and they have to carry on, admirably, with just the other 24 players in their squad.

Tough luck, Blades.

They're absolutely right to do everything within their power to get this season over the line. Postponing the Euros and allowing extra time is the right thing to do.

"Kopite"

"Go back to RAWK..."

"You're fooling no-one....."

etc etc.

Quite a picture you're painting. If he wants to leave and won't sign a new deal then he's going anyway isn't he?

Unfortunately, that scenario of their own creation, has been exacerbated by an unprecedented global pandemic, meaning they lose him for the last few games of the season and they have to carry on, admirably, with just the other 24 players in their squad.

Tough luck, Blades.

Well the season can't run past 30th June according to UEFA, and he's contracted until the 30th June, so yeah I think they have a right to say he was technically contracted until the end of the season.

It makes no odds who you support, or at least is shouldn't - there's a reason the laws of the game have deadlines.

Hopefully it won't. But the way I've taken it is that now it can if needs be.

Christ think me and Kieran agreed that together ! Must be the first time we've agreed at anything, haha

Becomes a piss take if it goes beyond 30th June though, IMO.

Why?

I'm not saying that there is no timescale on this by the way. I think there will have to come a point whereby voiding becomes a reasonable and fair outcome, I just don't think that's now and I don't think it will be 30th June either.

Genuinely and sincerely curious as to why people think that date is so important to stick to (beyond the obvious answer, which is also a perfectly fine answer to give).

Status
Not open for further replies.