Club Statement: Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offer the player a contract extension might be a decent bet.

Failing that, they could just play their remaining games with the vast majority of their squad and accept that it's only a minor loss in the grand scheme of things.

What? Like they won’t have already thought of that at some point in the last god knows how many years?

If it's backed by legislation, they may have no choice.

Furthermore, how many players does this apply to? There are very few key 1st team players with over 20 league appearances who's contract is expiring at that time.

Worst case scenario, they leave and the clubs are without a player for the final 3 or 4 games that they were going to lose anyway.

I reckon the government probably has bigger worries than footballers contracts right now, to be fair.

What? Like they won’t have already thought of that at some point in the last god knows how many years?

You'd be surprised, Arsenal once hadn't planned ahead and ended up with a load of contracts expiring all at once.

If Burnley are that desperate to hang on to Ashley Westwood beyond the 30th June, they can offer him fresh terms for a short extension, perhaps more favourable terms depending how bothered they are to keep him.

Again, I can't see them suing the league in any case if Westwood refuses it.

You'd be surprised, Arsenal once hadn't planned ahead and ended up with a load of contracts expiring all at once.

If Burnley are that desperate to hang on to Ashley Westwood beyond the 30th June, they can offer him fresh terms for a short extension, perhaps more favourable terms depending how bothered they are to keep him.

Again, I can't see them suing the league in any case if Westwood refuses it.

Is there a reason you’re using Ashley Westwood of mid-table Burnley as your example here? Oh, of course there is.

You are a weird, weird mutant.

Lets face it Liverpool are really showing their true colours on this matter. Supporters of all clubs have heard nothing but how great their side is, World champions, European champions and leading the Prem by a bucket of points. It really shouldn't matter a tinkers cus whether the league is void or not because they are the best and should repeat this feat for seasons to come. It seems that this cast iron confidence is only paper thin as they readily parade former players claiming the league must be finished. These demands can only be viewed with pictures of funeral processions, grieving relatives all over the country and of course celebrating kopites. This smacks big time of Heysel and Hillsborough, celebrate yourselves while others mourn their dead
Ger real Anfield, either way you'll lose as will those who lose loved ones but to call the season void places you in a much better light or do you even
care?
You do realise that Liverpool aren't the ones making the decision as to what happens with the league this season, right?

Is there a reason you’re using Ashley Westwood of mid-table Burnley as your example here? Oh, of course there is.

You are a weird, weird mutant.

I used Ashley Westwood as he is one of just 9 regular starting players who's contract is due to expire on the 30th of June.

I also used John Lundstram as an example. I could've used Jeff Hendrick or David Silva too. All would be excellent examples of players having the option to leave clubs before the season's end and none of their parent clubs being sufficiently bothered to sue the league.....

The simple reason saying they are winning the league and F/O etc to man utd fans,everton fans etc when so many wanted the league voided

Why do you reckon United fans want the league voided?

Latter stages of the FA Cup and Europa League, good possibility to get back in the Champions League via their league position.

I used Ashley Westwood as he is one of just 9 regular starting players who's contract is due to expire on the 30th of June.

I also used John Lundstram as an example. I could've used Jeff Hendrick or David Silva too. All would be excellent examples of players having the option to leave clubs before the season's end and none of their parent clubs being sufficiently bothered to sue the league.....

Sheff Utd might want to stand up in court if they lost their player of the season for the last 9 games and missed out on Europe actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.