Chris Wilder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Politely disagree but it's all opinions.

You don't like Silva and he's currently proving your reservations correct.
I'd love to see how he'd cope in the championship, obv not with us.. Just can't see his way doing much in that league either..

Why have Everton fans been brainwashed into even mentioning names like this guy for the Everton Job, what ever happened to only the best is good enough.

Is this what we have become as a football club because if it is I am done.

Can you imagine them lot over the road considering this guy, just let that sink in for a second

Why have Everton fans been brainwashed into even mentioning names like this guy for the Everton Job, what ever happened to only the best is good enough.

Can you imagine them lot over the road considering this guy, just let that sink in for a second
cause we're a mid table team m8, we get linked to mid tier managers, If we were a good team we wouldn't be linked with him.

We employed Marco 'I concede two goals to every one scored' silva...

Wilder is a step up.

Wilder has gained promotion from the championship mate... With an unfancied team

That defo beats anything silva has done.

The championship is renowned as one of the hardest leagues in europe

Howe has gained promotion from League One, then from the Championship, then survived in the Premiership, then thrived in the Premiership. Largely with the same team he had in the lower leagues.

Whatever you think of Wilders achievements, you can't not be impressed by Howe's achievements - even if you don't want him as Everton manager.

Silva winning the Greek League and getting Estoril into Europe doesn't really compare (in my humble opinion, of course). His 'achievements' with Hull and Watford since aren't all that impressive and it does make you wonder why he was given the job in the 1st place.

Think it's laughable that people turn their nose up at the suggestion of Howe. He'll walk into the Spurs job when Poch leaves and he'll do great.

cause we're a mid table team m8, we get linked to mid tier managers, If we were a good team we wouldn't be linked with him.

So who are 'mid-tier' managers?

This is what I was talking about earlier. We're not going to get Mourinho and managers in that bracket - ala Allegri. Because the club appear to be all talk.

By my reckoning, a very strong 'mid-tier' manager who will eventually get a 'step-up' would be Howe.

Sounds like he is the man then
We won't be able to attract a top manager like simeine etc..

Mancini and AVB are next level.. Can't see any of those wanting this poison chalice, and that's what it is.

I see wilder as a Moyes type manager in respect of where he's come from and his personality.. He actually has better credentials than Moyes did.

Give me 5 years of stability and 7/8/9th and an identity of how we play any day of the week over what we got now

Howe has gained promotion from League One, then from the Championship, then survived in the Premiership, then thrived in the Premiership. Largely with the same team he had in the lower leagues.

Whatever you think of Wilders achievements, you can't not be impressed by Howe's achievements - even if you don't want him as Everton manager.

Silva winning the Greek League and getting Estoril into Europe doesn't really compare (in my humble opinion, of course). His 'achievements' with Hull and Watford since aren't all that impressive and it does make you wonder why he was given the job in the 1st place.

Think it's laughable that people turn their nose up at the suggestion of Howe. He'll walk into the Spurs job when Poch leaves and he'll do great.

So who are 'mid-tier' managers?

This is what I was talking about earlier. We're not going to get Mourinho and managers in that bracket - ala Allegri. Because the club appear to be all talk.

By my reckoning, a very strong 'mid-tier' manager who will eventually get a 'step-up' would be Howe.
in my view, I think we could pull a good portion of managers who are regulars in the Europa league due to the PL attraction and maybe a bit of spending money, We can certainly do better than Howe/Wilder.

At the moment we are not even mid table.

But, the history, the fanbase, the proposed new stadium, the budgets are not those of a team in the lower half of the league.

For some reason it is in our choice of manager that we seem to singularly lack ambition.

Chris Wilder is 52 years old, is now in his first year of management in the Premiership, as far as I know he has never won anything apart from promotion.... and some people want to appoint him , or Arteta who has no managerial experience at all.

At least those hoping to get a Mourinho or a Benitez are looking at CL winners , at league and cup winners and that is the level we need to chase, in my opinion.

We will be refused by some but Everton is a project that could certainly interest managers at an elite level.

Well it's not brainwashing is it, it's just being aware of the situation. We're not going to appoint one of the world's top managers whether we start rumour threads about them or not, so i'm not really sure what point you're trying to make.

We won't be able to attract a top manager like simeine etc..

Mancini and AVB are next level.. Can't see any of those wanting this poison chalice, and that's what it is.

I see wilder as a Moyes type manager in respect of where he's come from and his personality.. He actually has better credentials than Moyes did.

Give me 5 years of stability and 7/8/9th and an identity of how we play any day of the week over what we got now
Getting Wilder would really prove how small time we are, doubt any top 10 team in the Prem would even consider giving him the job and very much doubt Brands will either.

in my view, I think we could pull a good portion of managers who are regulars in the Europa league due to the PL attraction and maybe a bit of spending money, We can certainly do better than Howe/Wilder.
Who's any good managing in the europa..

Clubs in the europa are teams that are finishing 5/6/7/8 in their respective leagues..

You either get lucky or crash out with those managers....

I'd say its 80% crash out.

Status
Not open for further replies.