Chris Wilder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Wilder would really prove how small time we are, doubt any top 10 team in the Prem would even consider giving him the job and very much doubt Brands will either.
What was chasing the sacked silva then??
Making a huge statement there like

Just proved how stupid our owner is.

At the moment we are not even mid table.

But, the history, the fanbase, the proposed new stadium, the budgets are not those of a team in the lower half of the league.

For some reason it is in our choice of manager that we seem to singularly lack ambition.

Chris Wilder is 52 years old, is now in his first year of management in the Premiership, as far as I know he has never won anything apart from promotion.... and some people want to appoint him , or Arteta who has no managerial experience at all.

At least those hoping to get a Mourinho or a Benitez are looking at CL winners , at league and cup winners and that is the level we need to chase, in my opinion.

We will be refused by some but Everton is a project that could certainly interest managers at an elite level.
This is the same logic that people used to use about our commercial dealings though. As if Apple and Ferrari were sat there willing to give us £100m a year and we were just to stupid to ask. It wasn't true, and nor is this. Benitez would probably come because he's a mercenary who'd do anything for the right money, but the likes of Mourinho wouldn't give us the time of day. Not a chance that type of manager wants to come to a club where your best players get sold every time there's a decent offer on the table and you're picking up cast offs from the top 6. The idea that it's only in managerial appointments that we lack ambition is way off the mark.

Who's any good managing in the europa..

Clubs in the europa are teams that are finishing 5/6/7/8 in their respective leagues..

You either get lucky or crash out with those managers....

I'd say its 80% crash out.
they're definitely worth taking the risk over Howe and Wilder.

At the moment we are not even mid table.

But, the history, the fanbase, the proposed new stadium, the budgets are not those of a team in the lower half of the league.

For some reason it is in our choice of manager that we seem to singularly lack ambition.

Chris Wilder is 52 years old, is now in his first year of management in the Premiership, as far as I know he has never won anything apart from promotion.... and some people want to appoint him , or Arteta who has no managerial experience at all.

At least those hoping to get a Mourinho or a Benitez are looking at CL winners , at league and cup winners and that is the level we need to chase, in my opinion.

We will be refused by some but Everton is a project that could certainly interest managers at an elite level.
We're an attractive club for managers who are on the come up who have shown something in another league and want to make the step up hopefully try and turn Everton into a serious force, What we cannot attract unless something drastic happens is proven winners. I really think we could pull a decent European manager not this Martinez/Silva that we've tried already. I haven't heard of him before but someone like Marcelino looks okay won the Spanish cup with Valencia was apparently playing decent Football and plays a 4-4-2 but resigned due to transfers I think. Someone of that ilk that isn't the top top level but maybe 1-3 steps below but certainly higher than Silva and Martinez.

Who's any good managing in the europa..

Clubs in the europa are teams that are finishing 5/6/7/8 in their respective leagues..

You either get lucky or crash out with those managers....

I'd say its 80% crash out.
If Wilder crashes out of the Prem with Sheff Utd would you still consider him? Thought we we're trying to get away from that type of Manager.

This is the same logic that people used to use about our commercial dealings though. As if Apple and Ferrari were sat there willing to give us £100m a year and we were just to stupid to ask. It wasn't true, and nor is this. Benitez would probably come because he's a mercenary who'd do anything for the right money, but the likes of Mourinho wouldn't give us the time of day. Not a chance that type of manager wants to come to a club where your best players get sold every time there's a decent offer on the table and you're picking up cast offs from the top 6. The idea that it's only in managerial appointments that we lack ambition is way off the mark.
We tge fans get peddled with ambition and wanting progress onthe pitch every season..

And we suck it in cos we are FANS.

Top managers can see us for what we are. Happy just to be in the Premier league.

We do not have the ambition to appoint a top manager.. If we had Moshiri would have chucked 20m a year at mourinho a couple years back.

If Wilder crashes out of the Prem with Sheff Utd would you still consider him? Thought we we're trying to get away from that type of Manager.
He might finish 7th yet.
Ask me at end of year.

For sheff Utd, staying up would be seen as success, just like howes was.

We tge fans get peddled with ambition and wanting progress onthe pitch every season..

And we suck it in cos we are FANS.

Top managers can see us for what we are. Happy just to be in the Premier league.

We do not have the ambition to appoint a top manager.. If we had Moshiri would have chucked 20m a year at mourinho a couple years back.

What, when he was Manchester United manager?

He might finish 7th yet.
Ask me at end of year.

For sheff Utd, staying up would be seen as success, just like howes was.
If he keeps them up he has done a great job. See nothing wrong with going with a Manager from a European League if we can, seems like going with low tier Prem Managers hasn't worked out too well for us.

I love the fact you pander after marco bluddy silva who has donr nothing in the game , and pull your nose up at chris wilder whose proven he has what it takes in every English league with mediocre teams, and doing it playing progressive football, (the type you'd probably like, think silva with some metholodgy)

have a look into wilders career..

moyes hadn't even done what wilder has.. and he went on to do ok with us

Ye it’s Chris wilder mare that says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.