Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing dacoure energy in cm bit too one paced, lack of natural rb is costing us really need holgate to overlap to try and create more space

I have no issue with the counter set up, that's no the issue. It's seeing players like Gomes half-arse things, be consistently sloppy on the ball. That's what bothers me. The tactic doesn't affect a players quality on the ball. If he had no options constantly fine, but he regularly slows it down when we are countering, plays the safe ball back to a CB rather than taking any responsibility for himself.

LESS so in a game like this when he's naturally the worst midfielder on the pitch, but more so in games when WBA have players outplaying him, you know what im saying? THAT is what bothers me more. I trust CA completely, he has shown he can get results from a group of players who havent been up to it. Can't wait till he gets 2/3 more of his own in and we progress further.

Our right side is awful both attacking and defending, only so much we can do before a bad luck goal hurts us but I think to a good defence we are easy to defend against as they know they only have to null one side.

oh indeed, its the individual errors that will cost goals, as seen here.

all goals come from mistakes, and we need to be more switched on. Gomes was very sloppy.

The positive is that it is only 1-0. It could be a lot worse. The problem with this team is that Carlo doesn't have a lot to work with. Playing from the back is not Everton's strong point so teams press because they are going to lose the ball with bad passes. The mids keep playing backward which is a demonstration that they don't have the skills to get out of the pressure from the other team. This is the type of game where you need a James to break the pressure, but he is spending more time watching the games on TV than helping his team (as a Colombian I'm very disappointed). But even with James, this team needs at least two players more to make it a real top 4 team (a winger and another creative midfielder). Until then, let's be happy with keeping games like this tight. Also, for all of Chelsea's domination, they have had two shots on goal. If I was a fan of Chelsea I will be very nervous giving Everton breathing room.

If i'm Keane i'm going mental at Holgate and Iwobi after that half.

Holgate is rushing out to mark whoever's nearest to him which completely opens up a massive gap, Iwobi has no defensive instincts so any time Alonso see's Holgate lose his head he just runs off the back of Iwobi in to a massive open space.

You'd think they'd have atleast learnt from the goal but it happened after it still.

If i'm Keane i'm going mental at Holgate and Iwobi after that half.

Holgate is rushing out to mark whoever's nearest to him which completely opens up a massive gap, Iwobi has no defensive instincts so any time Alonso see's Holgate lose his head he just runs off the back of Iwobi in to a massive open space.

You'd think they'd have atleast learnt from the goal but it happened after it still.

Amateur. I saw it happening straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.