Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those frustrating games so far where we haven’t done a lot wrong but are still trailing. Felt like it was always going to be a tight one so it seemed like game over when their goal went in.

Pleasantly surprised with the end to that half though. Hope we come out flying in the second half and hit back.

well exactly, so all you can do is try to be organised, and positionally perfect. Hope everyone does their jobs and knick one ourselves if we can.

this chelsea team cost a fortune.
All true....and for all their technical deficiencies our players dont even have the pace , strength and dynamism to press , which of course means you can only play one way.
I dont think for a moment that this is how Carlo actually wants the team to play but is simply pragmatism on his part in trying to get results from a pretty poor bunch of players.
We need at least 4 first team signings to see significant improvement.

How anyone with a pulse can come on here throwing their arms up in disgust at that performance is completely beyond me. I've enjoyed us coping comfortably with everything a £600 million squad have chucked at us, an unlucky OG aside. If it goes to ratshit in the second half, I'm still pretty happy with how we're shaping up.

but thats how we set up...try to be hard to break down and hope to nick one.
Like it or no thats how we currently play.
Few reasons for it, but still. Its what an italian manager will look to do first, defend well.
I have no issue with the counter set up, that's no the issue. It's seeing players like Gomes half-arse things, be consistently sloppy on the ball. That's what bothers me. The tactic doesn't affect a players quality on the ball. If he had no options constantly fine, but he regularly slows it down when we are countering, plays the safe ball back to a CB rather than taking any responsibility for himself.

LESS so in a game like this when he's naturally the worst midfielder on the pitch, but more so in games when WBA have players outplaying him, you know what im saying? THAT is what bothers me more. I trust CA completely, he has shown he can get results from a group of players who havent been up to it. Can't wait till he gets 2/3 more of his own in and we progress further.

Our right side is awful both attacking and defending, only so much we can do before a bad luck goal hurts us but I think to a good defence we are easy to defend against as they know they only have to null one side.

You know the only player who plays forward balls from playing deep in midfield? Tom Davies. The lad changed the game for us against Man Utd a few weeks ago. I’d get him on.

Siggy - not arsed about his recent games, not good enough
Iwobi - not good enough
Gomes - not good enough

They're just not good enough if you're even thinking about challenging the top 4. Replace those 3 with decent players and then maybe we'd compete. Brutal but the truth.

They’re squad players lad that’s why, can’t have an entire squad of worldies, only Chelsea and City have that.

Knee jerks already, chelsea have hardly created anything really.
Have some faith

You can see why their attackers haven't been scoring as their fullbacks or midfielders arrive from deep while the forwards hover around the holes.

They keep the ball well, but it's very Conte-esque for me. He had Victor Moses and Alsono ripping up the wingbacks and getting behind defences. They also had Jorginho sitting as the water carrier. It's pretty much the same

Status
Not open for further replies.