Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just feels like it has the potential to be a watershed moment for us. We've played well recently and not been rewarded. This is no doubt a tough game, but we've got some things going in our favor. If we can come out and just get the job done it could really push us on to a strong end of season and an optimistic look toward next year. We won't get a better chance than this to show we can do it in these types of matches.
Totally agree. We're playing better and better each week and Chelsea are far from consistent or a great tame; add to that, they've got a growing injury list!

Nevertheless, it's hard not to think about our atrocious record down in London against certain clubs, so we need to break this long-standing taboo, and soon.

Perhaps, optimism is the best medicine for this as we (a club and fans) need to get behind the players on the pitch and help remove the shackles.

Gutted I won't be there today, it will be weird watching us on tele live haha. I'm going for Chelsea 1-2 Everton

Richarlison with 2

Nervous about today - dont think my heart can take another defeat/draw with Siggurdsson and Davies bumbling around midfield.

Some random who hasn't scored for a year, subs in on the 75th minute to score the winner.

Don't even have to watch the game to know what's going to happen.
Its inevitability, that whoever's the manger or on the pitch, that a mghty injustice or self inflicted disaster will befall us, . Played off the park, by a better team I can take but really tired and sickened by this total lack of good fortune and balanced luck and favour. Time to get Ruthless and win at all costs.

I will take whatever result today as a win/win situation. If we win it is points on the board and well done all, if we lose then Mr Ancelotti knows what he has to work with. I am not sure how to react if it is a draw though, I suppose a point away at Chelsea is not bad.

Cant see us getting anything today sadly we need to if we are serious about Europe
Even when Chelsea were at their best for some reason we generally managed to get a point at the Bridge, I just want us to have a go at these top teams and play without fear, we are capable of getting a result here, they are a shadow of their last league winning team and we have a team capable of beating most teams if we can cut out the silly mistakes that always seem to cost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.