Match Thread Chelsea v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably be a slow and clumsy start by our lads that will see us one or two down at halftime. Midway through the second half, we'll no doubt start playing with some urgency. Either that or we'll go at Chelsea from the off and do them 0-3. COYB!

Pickford
Sidibé Mina Holgate Digne
Walcott Delph Gomes Richarlison
DC-L Kean​

Fair enough, however I’m one of those wishy washy Liberals, so I suggest we’re not all Thatcher’s love spawn. Btw I actually think you’ll beat us. Sadly.

What do you think of Lampard, I think if patience is afforded he's got a cracking young side there. Whether Abramovic will give him that time is questionable after what I've read about his owner demands but no doubt Lampard will get a bit more than another manager might.

Lost at home to: Southampton, Bournemouth, West Ham

Their home environment seems a bit, I don't know what the right word is, it's not poisonous, but the crowd isn't really behind the team, it's anxious, tentative, something like that. I saw some of the Bournemouth game and there wasn't a good feeling in the stadium. The fans are losing confidence in the project or something.

Get on them and take the crowd out of the game.

Every week we talk about how getting some points is important for Europe but even if we don’t get any European football we could well look back on this season as a success just because we got don Carlo

We complain that all of the dropped points in the first half of the season are keeping us out of Europe, now that Carlo (and Dunc to be fair) have got us banking points. But if Silva had been even halfway decent we wouldn't have canned him and gotten Carlo. So the terrible start was a blessing is how I think of it.

Pickford
Sidibe
Holgate
Mina
Digne
Walcott
Davies
Gomes
Iwobi
Richarlison
DCL

As much I want to see Moise get some starts, dont mess with a pairing firing as well as this one is currently.

What do you think of Lampard, I think if patience is afforded he's got a cracking young side there. Whether Abramovic will give him that time is questionable after what I've read about his owner demands but no doubt Lampard will get a bit more than another manager might.
This was always going to be a freebie for him, then after we started so well, it suddenly wasn’t. People’s expectations change very quickly, but I suspect most of the angst directed at him was from youngsters (ie those who don’t remember electric fences, parked disability cars and Save The Bridge). Most of us recognise that he’s done a decent job this season, with relatively limited options but the true test is next year. We didn’t really need to be in the Champions League this season, but we badly need it next season. He makes some slightly peculiar decisions but he’s only been a coach for 18 months. He’ll get at least another year, even if it all goes tits up towards the end of this season.

Pickford
Holgate----Mina
Sidibe--------------------------Digne
Gomes-------Davies
Walcott---------------------------Bernard
DCL-----R7​

We complain that all of the dropped points in the first half of the season are keeping us out of Europe, now that Carlo (and Dunc to be fair) have got us banking points. But if Silva had been even halfway decent we wouldn't have canned him and gotten Carlo. So the terrible start was a blessing is how I think of it.
Spot on. If we "did better" before Carlo came in, we probably wouldn't have gotten Carlo as Silva would most likely still be around. Ugh...

I only look at this season from Carlo on. The matches like Newcastle and United are the ones I am most livid about because that would put us 4 points better and have us in 6th ffs.

Definitely a few goals in this one, they have a lot of possession just outside the area and probably don’t score as much as they should.
I think we’ll get chances with there defence, the same as they will definitely get some with ours.
3-2 or 2-3 for me.

Chelsea are a real mixed bag lately, much like us I suppose. That said, I'm really confident we can nick 3 points here.

Could still be a season defining performance as we still have an outside chance of Europa League.

Big opportunity to build up that form going into the derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.