Homepage Update: Chelsea Barkley Bid Rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bidding war please
Never gonna happen. There'll be some backwards and forwards and then any interested clubs will come in with the same £30M-£35M offer on deadline day. There are clubs who wouldn't mind getting him in but he's not an urgent purchase for anybody and I reckon they'd be quite happy to wait for his contract to expire and come back in summer rather than up their bidding significantly.

The only bidding war will be to Barkley's agent over personal terms.

Chelsea only need him after they didn't get Chamberlain and basically want to fill their home grown quota. He'd be sitting on the bench making a few cameos there at best at his "new challenge". Grow the **** up Ross and get your hand out of the sand.

Chelsea getting the first bid in and banking on Levy the tight arse being too much of a minge bag to get involved in a bidding war.

At least the end seems to be in sight with him now.

Cash and a Mich sounds good to me.

People were chatting that he'd have his pick of the top 6 clubs, and every single one was mentioned in rumour at some point this summer despite none showing an interest. Now Chelsea are panicking at the last second and pursuing him and Danny Drinkwater to tick an English quota box.
Only 2 of the top 6 in for him, how disappointing for the lad. They're not panicking, they've waited until now because as you said yourself, they have no desire to get into a bidding war. It's been obvious to all but the blinkered all summer.

No doubt we'll kindly ask for Batshuyi in return for Barkley, only to graciously accept their cash-only offer of 25million tomorrow because we're so nice.

Everton FC needs to attempt maximum negotiating leverage with Chelsea and Spurs but to not overplay a limited hand. Wise decision making must prevail; we should not afford to goose a gangster's.

Chelsea only need him after they didn't get Chamberlain and basically want to fill their home grown quota. He'd be sitting on the bench making a few cameos there at best at his "new challenge". Grow the **** up Ross and get your hand out of the sand.
Exactly. The real question for me is where Ross goes in 2 years when he leaves Chelsea after playing 15 games.

Only 2 of the top 6 in for him, how disappointing for the lad. They're not panicking, they've waited until now because as you said yourself, they have no desire to get into a bidding war. It's been obvious to all but the blinkered all summer.

Spurs haven't even made a bid. People saying Chelsea have waited til now to get him cheap, but we've rejected their lowball bid, will they now be willing to pay our full asking price? Are they that desperate for English players?

Get 30-35m or take the 25m with a season long loan deal for Costa or more realistically Batshuayi
We have something they want and they have a player we want (Costa) or should want (Batshuyi). Barkley with his English premium should be a similar value to Batshuyi who signed for about 30million but hasn't proven much yet and thus shouldn't have risen in value.

Spurs haven't even made a bid. People saying Chelsea have waited til now to get him cheap, but we've rejected their lowball bid, will they now be willing to pay our full asking price? Are they that desperate for English players?
Probably not. The article by Joyce - who we all know is reliable on Everton matters - says we've reduced our asking price by £10m already. I would imagine they'll come back with another slightly improved bid in the hope we'll reduce it further, and if not they'll wait til January.

I don't think anybody thinks Conte believes Barkley is the best player in the world, or that he'll win Player of the Year if he goes there, simply that he's seen as good enough to be a decent addition to a title winning squad. I'm not sure we have too many other players they'd be interested in, even if only to satisfy quotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.