Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-4-3 isnt played with a number 10 mert.
That's actually wrong mate, when the Dutch teams evolved the system back in the day the 4 in the midfield was played with a diamond shape meaning there was a no10 playing in behind the front 3. Over time the system has changed and the 4 in the middle is more of a line of 4 when you see teams playing it now. I think the original system was just a bit complicated and it required everyone to be very good at their jobs, something our players are not.

Pickford
Coleman mina zouma digne
Gomes sigurdsson
Lookman richarlison bernard
Dcl

That's what I'd like to see us have a go with. Gomes to anchor, no headless chicken in midfield and if gana is being sold anyway then we may as well get used to life without him.

Sigurdsson dropping back into midfield as hes hard working, wins the ball back frequently when playing as a 10 and would help us "transition" faster from a deeper position as hes got a good passing range. The front 4 is pacey and are more fluid than with sigurdsson in the 10. Not bashing him at all just dont see why he cant be moved back to play next to gomes. Would like to see mina and zouma play together, keane's been good this season with zouma but zoumas been the pick of the 3 CBS for me so would be good to know how compatible he is with mina before if we are looking to bring him in long term.

Try someone in a completely different position, try anything. It’s been tried before to good effect (e.g. Snodin). Try Digne as a left winger with Baines behind him, just try something ffs, we need points and quickly.

Pickford
Coleman mina zouma digne
Gomes sigurdsson
Lookman richarlison bernard
Dcl

That's what I'd like to see us have a go with. Gomes to anchor, no headless chicken in midfield and if gana is being sold anyway then we may as well get used to life without him.

Sigurdsson dropping back into midfield as hes hard working, wins the ball back frequently when playing as a 10 and would help us "transition" faster from a deeper position as hes got a good passing range. The front 4 is pacey and are more fluid than with sigurdsson in the 10. Not bashing him at all just dont see why he cant be moved back to play next to gomes. Would like to see mina and zouma play together, keane's been good this season with zouma but zoumas been the pick of the 3 CBS for me so would be good to know how compatible he is with mina before if we are looking to bring him in long term.

Right, but he's up against centre-backs and defensive midfielders, who are more likely to be slower on the ball than an attacking midfielder or striker dropping into space in front of our defence...

4-4-2
Move up and down as a group. All this 3-9-7 and 30-1-8 bollocks causes confusion.
Also get rid of zonal marking, if the man you’re marking scores then it’s your fault.

Changes for this season need to be psychological, things looked fairly promising until the start of December.
Silva needs to find a way to get them motivated and playing with confidence and desire again.

Changes of personnel wise there's not much he can do because the squad is still very imbalanced.
We've gone from having three #10s to having three attackers who are best on the left wing with no one natural to challenge an out of form Walcott on the right (would really love the next attacking player we sign to be left footed).
Still no natural #9 who looks like they can hit a bit of form.

We've looked woeful over the last two years any time Gana doesn't play so that's a non-starter (unless replaced).
Then this season we've looked equally woeful now that Gomes' form has took a bit of a tumble (I still think we look better with Gomes on the field playing poorly than when he's subbed off).Hope he's just narked at his first experience of British winter and will pick it up again as he's probably our only hope for a competitive midfield this year.

Then would anyone really change Pickford, Digne, Coleman and 2 of Keane / Mina / Zouma for anyone else in the squad?

Nah, this isn't a squad that's going to give the big teams a scare but it's a hell of a lot better than last year and certainly a hell of a lot better than they've been playing for the last 8 weeks.
It's all on the man in charge of coaching to sort their heads out and get a tune out of them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.