Centre Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gana's replacement

We has someone on the list who could play that role, ironically the person Gana originally replaced. We should have thought twice, before disposing of for a measly 8m - without an adequate replacement.

Gbamin needs time, yes. I dont see like for like with Gueye though. From the videos I watched he's more of a player who likes to get on the ball and ping it around, who can also get in and around the opposition making it difficult for them. Gueye was more defensively-minded.

We wait and see on that, but Silva certainly didn't think we had Gueye's replacement brought in.

I think there's 2 things with this, Gana was the best in the league, and arguably in the world at breaking play up. There is not a lot Koeman/Walsh got right but that lad (who they both liked) was one of them. So I'm not sure we can really replace him like for like without buying a poorer player at that aspect.

Fair being fair other aspects of his game are weaker and quite ordinary. The issue then becomes can we sign players who can maybe do other things better and adapt how we play. Not many of the top teams use a player like Gana who just destroys. So you can see Silva trying to develop the team. We do need some patience with the manager as we make this transition.

Gbamin needs time, yes. I dont see like for like with Gueye though. From the videos I watched he's more of a player who likes to get on the ball and ping it around, who can also get in and around the opposition making it difficult for them. Gueye was more defensively-minded.

We wait and see on that, but Silva certainly didn't think we had Gueye's replacement brought in.
I think Gbamin is more defensive than gana, yes he likes to play long passes which gana didn’t do much of. But gana liked to go after the opposition and press them.

Silva see’s Gbamin as a number 6 who will for the majority of games sit in front of the two centre backs. Yes was slightly different yesterday as he came on with Schneiderlin who was doing that job. I don’t think you will see Schneiderlin & Gbamin on the pitch together much this season barring injuries.

Lol if Gbamin is more defensive that Gueye he must be a goalkeeper.
I’ve heard some bizarre things in my time!

Lol if Gbamin is more defensive that Gueye he must be a goalkeeper.
I’ve heard some bizarre things in my time!
It depends what you think defensive is, you may think someone running around winning tackles is more defensive than someone who sits in front of the CB’s like Gbamin.

Seen as Gbamin has played as a CB, I would say he’s more of a defensive player than gana. For 2/3rds of gana’s Games at Everton he had Barry or Schneiderlin behind him protecting the back 4. Which will be Gbamin’s job.

I think Gbamin is more defensive than gana, yes he likes to play long passes which gana didn’t do much of. But gana liked to go after the opposition and press them.

Silva see’s Gbamin as a number 6 who will for the majority of games sit in front of the two centre backs. Yes was slightly different yesterday as he came on with Schneiderlin who was doing that job. I don’t think you will see Schneiderlin & Gbamin on the pitch together much this season barring injuries.
Yeah this I reckon, Gomes or Delph alongside Schneiderlin or Gbamin. Hopefully one of Gomes or Delph are back for next weekend

Ha Ha Ha. It's a good job Steve Walsh didn't have that attitude isn't it? "There's not a single player since I found Kante who can do a 'disruptive' job on the opposition and pass it forward...NOT ONE".

The bar for Brands is continually set about half an inch from the ground by you people.

You'll come back now and say "Ok, so who should we have got to replace Gueye?"...as if it falls to me to find that player rather than the handsomely paid man who's task it is to find them.
Because there isn't one. Literally. That's the point. Now you would know that if you cared to look, but you won't. It's much easier to just be uninformed and argumentative.

But that's what you do. He bought Gbamin, which was a good choice, who you've never heard of, yet you'll decry he stinks and we should've replaced Gana. Even though we did.

It depends what you think defensive is, you may think someone running around winning tackles is more defensive than someone who sits in front of the CB’s like Gbamin.

Seen as Gbamin has played as a CB, I would say he’s more of a defensive player than gana. For 2/3rds of gana’s Games at Everton he had Barry or Schneiderlin behind him protecting the back 4. Which will be Gbamin’s job.
You are correct. Gana led the team in forward passes last year. He wasn't creative, but he wasn't overly defensive, he was quite aggressive as you describe. We know that since we watch him. The Kopite doesn't.

Re: Gana's replacement

We has someone on the list who could play that role, ironically the person Gana originally replaced. We should have thought twice, before disposing of for a measly 8m - without an adequate replacement.

He is a sicknote and can only pass sideways. Just not good enough.

£3m up front is what you got. One year left in his contract what can we expect...

Our midfield passing is too slow and not direct enough. I hope Gbamin and Delph don’t catch that behaviour and bring more offensive approach

Think Gomes-Gbamin will be a good pairing once Gbamin has had a bit of time to get up to speed.

Think we signed Delph because they knew any Gana replacement might not come in and hit the ground running.

We defo need more drive from the middle though so I’m curious to see if Iwobi comes into the middle as a CM or a 10.

Because there isn't one. Literally. That's the point. Now you would know that if you cared to look, but you won't. It's much easier to just be uninformed and argumentative.

But that's what you do. He bought Gbamin, which was a good choice, who you've never heard of, yet you'll decry he stinks and we should've replaced Gana. Even though we did.
Ha Ha Ha.

As predicted.

"There is no one...in the whole of world football, there is no one...literally".

Low bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.