Central midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

steele

Player Valuation: £8m
Great game last Sunday :)

Looking at the bench I'm a bit worried about the lack of depths at midfield.
If we get injuries on Fellaini, Gibson or Neville (!), we don't have many options in central midfield. Osman and Barkley could do a job, but the latter is not up to it yet. Doesn't miss Rodwell, but should we get another CM ?

If Fellaini's new position is the old Cahill role then we do need a new Centre Mid. We can't be having the likes of Neville and Heitinga there.

weirdly, i think we could now do with a defensive midfielder, as clearly moyes is gonna play fellaini behind jelavic from now on

i don't like to typify all central mid players, obviously barkley is a very different type of player from gibson

for cdm, holding mid, whatever you want to call it, we have neville, fellaini, johnny, and gibson

for attacking mid or playmaker we have fellaini, osman, barkley, and pienaar if need be.

to be honest i think thats more depth than we have at most positions. some of those combinations wouldn't be ideal, but they would work, certainly better than carrick at centre back lol

Great game last Sunday :)

Looking at the bench I'm a bit worried about the lack of depths at midfield.
If we get injuries on Fellaini, Gibson or Neville (!), we don't have many options in central midfield. Osman and Barkley could do a job, but the latter is not up to it yet. Doesn't miss Rodwell, but should we get another CM ?

Rather give Junior a chance than waste money on a back-up CM

Status
Not open for further replies.