2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I have recounted how, as a young lad, the practical workings of the internal combustion engine were taught me by an, on the outside, very gruff neighbourhood mechanic called Hank Derson. Wonderful teacher he was...old school. He genuinely enjoyed imparting knowledge and took to 'students' who had respect for elders and a respect for learning. I enjoyed his company and I believe that was mutual. And Hank Derson is the reason I hold some fondness toward Cenk Tosun; there is some vague similarity between the two, both physically and even name-wise. I guess most of you always wonder why I nickname Tosun, 'Hank'...and now you all know the provenance of that nickname.

I believe I have recounted how, as a young lad, the practical workings of the internal combustion engine were taught me by an, on the outside, very gruff neighbourhood mechanic called Hank Derson. Wonderful teacher he was...old school. He genuinely enjoyed imparting knowledge and took to 'students' who had respect for elders and a respect for learning. I enjoyed his company and I believe that was mutual. And Hank Derson is the reason I hold some fondness toward Cenk Tosun; there is some vague similarity between the two, both physically and even name-wise. I guess most of you always wonder why I nickname Tosun, 'Hank'...and now you all know the provenance of that nickname.
Couldn’t hit a barn door but might come in handy if the team bus breaks down. Every cloud.

Couldn’t hit a barn door but might come in handy if the team bus breaks down. Every cloud.
If Cenk possesses Hank’s mechanical skills, the broken bus will be fixed in a jiffy and our great team can get to the game and not default (prob still get 0 pts though lol).
By the way, third day of double dose antibiotics today...and I am just on top of the infection...it had me worried for a while. I shudder to think of getting infections like that pre-antibiotics discovery

If Cenk possesses Hank’s mechanical skills, the broken bus will be fixed in a jiffy and our great team can get to the game and not default (prob still get 0 pts though lol).
By the way, third day of double dose antibiotics today...and I am just on top of the infection...it had me worried for a while. I shudder to think of getting infections like that pre-antibiotics discovery
Glad you’re on the mend! Sorry it got so rough in the first place and that you’re having to pop so many pills, but all’s well that ends well. Hopefully you’ll be in fine singing voice for the final.

Screenshot_20210712_221648.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.