2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, really?

Definitely at the start of last season, but the big chances I can think of in the back half he put away.... Millwall, Spurs. He didn't really play much other than that?

I'm not saying he's great, but he's a better finisher than DCL, for example. But he doesn't have the pace to get into the positions that we need with the system we play.

Missed from 3 yards against Newcastle at home when it would have put us ahead, lost my faith there.

Just not gonna work out for him here. Completely agree with the second line.

Missed from 3 yards against Newcastle at home when it would have put us ahead, lost my faith there.

Just not gonna work out for him here. Completely agree with the second line.

Yeh, but it was also a fluke save. Like Gomes v the RS 3 days earlier.

Let me provide the context, eh?

First of all, Tosun scored 3 goals and 3 assists out of 25 premiership games last season. That's a woeful return and it is amazing how you have the balls to say Tosun is the superior player. It is fair to say Niasse wasn't given a fair crack last season.

Stating that Tosun is a better footballer than Oumar Niasse does not require an amazingly ballsy attitude. Odd shout that.

Tosun made 10 starts and came on as a sub in his other 15 games. Niasse made 12 starts for Cardiff and came on as a sub in 6 games and managed 0 goals or assists. Granted, they're two very different sides and Tosun played marginally more minutes in a better side but other Cardiff players managed to score and create in those games. His contribution in those all important stats was literally zero.

What makes you think that a player who clearly isn't good enough deserves a fair crack anyway? If you haven't seen enough of him to know that he's not good enough then you're seeing a very different game to many other people - including every manager of his Everton career which is admittedly a very mixed bag of individuals.

And again, neither looks to be good enough.

If nobody comes in for him I have no objection in keeping him.
Huge burden this year on Moise who I have great hopes for. DCL to back him up with Rico available also. We may need him.

Debating the merits of Tosun and Niasse is like debating the merits of explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting. No matter which is the best, it's pretty much awful.
I don't think Tosun is that bad a player he's just in the wrong league. He doesn't have the physical pace or dynamism for this league. Goes to Germany he scores ten plus in a season.

27 million quid he cost. That's a lot of quid.

These days you have to pay at least £50m for a half decent striker. If we had spent the right amount of money then we would have been in the Europa league where we could have recoup the extra outlay. Instead, like true knee jerkers, we spent £27m on a dud which cost us even more money from Europa League's earnings.

These days you have to pay at least £50m for a half decent striker. If we had spent the right amount of money then we would have been in the Europa league where we could have recoup the extra outlay. Instead, like true knee jerkers, we spent £27m on a dud which cost us even more money from Europa League' earnings.
It annoys me so much. Shelling out all that cash. Criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.