2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t hate him.

He can slot if you give him chances. But we don’t give our strikers actual chances so maybe we should just sell all of them.

Same.

His problem is he's 10% lacking in every area of his game to play at this level. So are thousands of players.

I think people just overexaggerate how 'bad' he is for comic effect.

Same.

His problem is he's 10% lacking in every area of his game to play at this level. So are thousands of players.

I think people just overexaggerate how 'bad' he is for comic effect.

Agreed, he’s definitely not a bad player and I can see him scoring goals in another league where the team is set up more in his favour.

He just doesn’t work in our current set up, which is why we should still be looking at getting a decent fee for him.

Agreed, he’s definitely not a bad player and I can see him scoring goals in another league where the team is set up more in his favour.

He just doesn’t work in our current set up, which is why we should still be looking at getting a decent fee for him.

My thoughts too. Was a transfer that backfired but had logic to it. It could have worked, but it didn't. Oh well.

My thoughts too. Was a transfer that backfired but had logic to it. It could have worked, but it didn't. Oh well.

Under Sam it kind of worked as well. Hopefully he takes the hint and moves on while he (wishful thinking) still has some value and we can get his wages off the books.

I don't rate Tosun at this level but for anyone to suggest they think Niasse is a better option, is quite incredible.

I don't mind us selling Tosun at all, but Niasse is the one we really need to move on and shpuld be prioritised.

Wasn't sure there was.

If Allardyce/Walsh were on the way out months later, why support them?

I said before we signed him;

If Tosun comes in, we still need a top striker - he doesn't have the credentials for that fee and we're not that desperate - we'll finish 7th-9th this season with or without him.

In short then, we weren't going down, we weren't going to win anything and he was always going to be a squad player because we always needed better than him to compete.

I don't rate Tosun at this level but for anyone to suggest they think Niasse is a better option, is quite incredible.

I don't mind us selling Tosun at all, but Niasse is the one we really need to move on and shpuld be prioritised.

In a game against the likes of Burnley or Watford, at 0-0 - last 10 minutes out of DCL, Tosun and Niasse on the bench, I'd prefer Niasse.

As poor a footballer he is, at least he offers something different.

I think most centre halfs would prefer handling Tosun to Niasse lol Niasse doesn't know what he's doing himself half the time...

Sooner both are sold the better like.

In a game against the likes of Burnley or Watford, at 0-0 - last 10 minutes out of DCL, Tosun and Niasse on the bench, I'd prefer Niasse.

I think most centre halfs would prefer handling Tosun to Niasse lol Niasse doesn't know what he's doing himself half the time...

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be bringing on Niasse. Tosun at least has some ability in front of goal for a scenario like that.

Fully agree, at least Niasse can be found in the area, Tosun very really ventures into it.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't be bringing on Niasse. Tosun at least has some ability in front of goal for a scenario like that.

Interesting then that Niasse has a better return and earned Everton more points.

Quick comparison - Cenk 2018/19, Niasse 17/18;

My point isn't necessarily Niasse is the better player, more that at least he offers something different.

The reality was Niasse was the better option over Tosun. Tosun was a panic buy. We wasted cash on him which otherwise could part funded a decent striker. We would not have a debate on Niasse vs Tosun as a direct consequence.

In denial!

Status
Not open for further replies.