2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but if we saved the money from Tosun, Bolasie and Klaassen all of a sudden you have around £70m to play with to buy a striker that scores more than 1 goal in 13 games.

It doesn't give me any joy to be slating our recruitment policy but in 18 months time I'm sure we will put Tosun in the Jelavic category. Then again, that could be unfair on the Croat because he genuinely did have a purple patch. Tosun scored away at Stoke and Huddersfield.

Very unfair on Jelavic, Dan.

He really looked the business for that first half season :)

Tosun just looks meh to me.

Yeah but if we saved the money from Tosun, Bolasie and Klaassen all of a sudden you have around £70m to play with to buy a striker that scores more than 1 goal in 13 games.

It doesn't give me any joy to be slating our recruitment policy but in 18 months time I'm sure we will put Tosun in the Jelavic category. Then again, that could be unfair on the Croat because he genuinely did have a purple patch. Tosun scored away at Stoke and Huddersfield.

I respect your opinion,Danny, and its all about opinions. Just a case of 'we shall see'. We do need another striker, but we have a few forward players who can score goals.In some way Lukaku took the pressure off other front and wide players, Silvas system is different now that he doesn't have a Lukaku.Apart from West Ham, Tosuns all round play has contributed a lot ,he maybe just needs a change of luck in front of goal.

I'd give DCL a run, bench Cenk his confidence is low, use him from the bench when games open up he will get chances. I don't think scoring goals is our main problem as we will get them fro wide areas but we do need to add another forward.

Last week he failed to do anything useful.

Some people on here are wanting Richarlison to start as striker tomorrow, a risky bit of experimentation but perhaps it's worth a shot.
He was horrible last week, like everyone else. Trying Richy up front might be a good move, but I doubt it will be done before Bernard is fully match fit, if ever.

We should have known this wasn’t going to work out well when he signed and there was that video with the old guy outside the club shop with ‘Tuson’ written on the back of his shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.