2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
His not out of form, he is playing like he played all of last season
People blamed last season on allardyce poor tactics
His is out of his depth and has been from day one.

Opposition defenders have a field day with him, even if he wins the ball he doesent have the pace to beat them, his basically a combination of jelavic/straq

Don’t think so myself.

I think it's difficult to say whether it's 'form' or if that's just how it's going to be in the PL for him. He's only scored in 4 of the 20 games he's played for us, and all of those came against inferior opposition, so it's possible that he's just not going to score a lot of goals in this league.

Obviously you may be right, but I don't think we have enough of a track record to be able to say this is definitely just a spell that he'll come out of.

I’ve seen the lad pull off some good finishes, I’ve seen the lad fluff some good chances it’s easier to score, but he’s getting in the right areas, if he can get his game together I think he will score.

I see him as 15 goal man, scoring occasionally, he’s a decoy for Walcott and Ricky who are essentially wing forwards, so Cenk has a secondary role as well.

I think a striker is dependent myself on getting the ball, this is the big issue for me out midield is unimaginative, can’t impose them selves on the game and move the ball forward at a snails pace, all of these allow an opponents defense set up far better then it allows a striker time to find space, make a run or get off the shoulder.

Just my reading of it.

He would be a good choice in a second striker type of role. The problem is we need a world class first striker.

I feel like I've said that last sentence a few times on here.

So we're using Richarlison's heat map in one game, which shows that he, when playing on the wing, spent most of his time on the wing, as evidence that Tosun is playing really well? Seems legit.

Bit selective that

Tosun's own heatmap is a better indicator of the change in role he's had this season

Granted he was awful against West Ham, but other than that he is playing a fairly unselfish role where his movement is creating space for the wide forwards to get chances

Its not dissimilar to the way Liverpool play tbh

So who do you think is going to score most goals; Walcott, Ricarlison or Tosun?

If I was going to put money on it at this point, I'd say Richarlison, based on his stats from last season and the system we are implementing this season seeming to suit him down to the ground

I don't think that's a criticism of Tosun though. Salah scored more than Firmino last season for example, whilst Mané and Coutinho scored more than him the season before - I hate to use the Liverpool example again, but it's just illustrating that your central striker doesn't have to be your top scorer.

Bit selective that

Tosun's own heatmap is a better indicator of the change in role he's had this season

Granted he was awful against West Ham, but other than that he is playing a fairly unselfish role where his movement is creating space for the wide forwards to get chances

Its not dissimilar to the way Liverpool play tbh
Yeah, the issue is that article rather condescendingly assumes that people don’t think he’s been playing well just because he’s not scored. I understand what his job is, and I understand what he’s contributed, I just don’t think he’s been particularly good at it in all honesty. Wolves and Bournemouth I thought he was average but elevated himself with an assist in each game. Southampton he was good, Huddersfield he was poor, West Ham he was absolutely dreadful. So all in all not a hugely impressive start in my opinion.

I’ve said before, he’s not a bad player, but to suggest he’s playing some incredibly important role that nobody else could manage is pretty ridiculous I think.

what could be interesting is a 4-4-2 with him and richarlison up front, bernard and walcott on the wings and siggy and gueye in the middle. we play a 4-4-2 in our defensive shape anyway (with tosun and gylfi pressing) so i'd say it's probably something that silva is considering

Yeah, the issue is that article rather condescendingly assumes that people don’t think he’s been playing well just because he’s not scored. I understand what his job is, and I understand what he’s contributed, I just don’t think he’s been particularly good at it in all honesty. Wolves and Bournemouth I thought he was average but elevated himself with an assist in each game. Southampton he was good, Huddersfield he was poor, West Ham he was absolutely dreadful. So all in all not a hugely impressive start in my opinion.

I’ve said before, he’s not a bad player, but to suggest he’s playing some incredibly important role that nobody else could manage is pretty ridiculous I think.

There are loads of people in this thread alone who are using it as the primary reason for saying he's been poor.

what could be interesting is a 4-4-2 with him and richarlison up front, bernard and walcott on the wings and siggy and gueye in the middle. we play a 4-4-2 in our defensive shape anyway (with tosun and gylfi pressing) so i'd say it's probably something that silva is considering

A midfield 2 of Gueye and Sigurdsson is one of the reasons we were so poor for most of the 2nd half last weekend - we don't have the players to play a 442 effectively.

Silva has already said he's a 433/4231 man, so this won't happen anyway

A midfield 2 of Gueye and Sigurdsson is one of the reasons we were so poor for most of the 2nd half last weekend - we don't have the players to play a 442 effectively.

Silva has already said he's a 433/4231 man, so this won't happen anyway

Was it or was it not a 4-4-2 system he used v Rotherham?

Was it or was it not a 4-4-2 system he used v Rotherham?

yhe @toffeeblue9 I do think he will switch to a 4-4-2 on occasions.

That being said, it was Rotherham at home in the cup. Sigurdsson played as a left-sided midfielder but when you look at the avg positions on the opta site, he actually spent most of his time in a role to the left of centre, and Sandro pushed far up on the right, so basically it was a lop-sided 4-3-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.