Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, banned 2 in the last 1/2 hour. Like, we dont get, nor have any interest in, their/your petty rivalries and feuds, but this thread seemingly attracted more than we have ever had before.

Never has there been a better time to bestow my rightful moderation powers than now Ray, even if only in this thread.

*Waits

DCL? I think the exact opposite to be honest. The lack of fear that defenders have of us is actually one of our biggest defensive problems, because teams push high up the pitch knowing that we have very little threat to punish them with. DCL is neither quick or strong in PL terms in my opinion, he's reasonable in both departments, but doesn't have enough of either to really hurt teams. He works his socks off and isn't short of good points, but I've yet to see anything to suggest that teams find him any more than an annoying nuisance.

Hmm disagree on that. I think he's a lot quicker & stronger than people give him credit. Ran City's defence ragged earlier in the season. He runs channels really well IMO.

greece-1708458_960_720.jpg

Find another one then. Banned.

I hope to god we never sign a Turkish player again. The utter grief their fans give us behind the scenes.

Woah , that's harsh . I generally find Turkish fans knowledgeable and quite friendly but I admit I haven't been able to read the last 100 odd pages . Shame you had to ban someone .

I've been trying to keep up with the saga on Twitter but it's been the same reports retweeted over and over again .

Edit. I didn't read you post properly regarding behind the scenes . Apologies .

Cenk looks to be a player who does the dirty work as well.

I'd play both. We need to start being braver, especially at home.

If Gueye is fit, against the poorer sides (who we are as bad as tbh), go 4-4-1-1 with Cenk playing just off DCL, Rooney central with Gueye covering. Have Gylfi wide left but cutting inside to join up with the midfield.

Also requires a left-back who can get forward and overlap to mean Gylfi can do that.

Not every game, like, but should try it. May stop our forward getting so isolated.

Yeh I wrote this earlier:

What about against "weaker" teams:

Bolasie - Gana - Rooney - Sig
DCL
Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.