Castillo Signing Complete - Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having suffered through the summer months waiting and hoping the club would sign the players we need, I'm glad the club is finally bringing some in. Don't know much about Jacobsen, but if I remember correctly, Castillo looked fairly decent during the World Cup (I remember watching the Ecuador matches and making a mental note that several of their players were quite good).

Granted, I don't think he's what we've all been hoping for, but I have a sneaking suspicion that he will do quite well for us, once he's settled in. And I don't think he's a panic buy - just one from the lower end of the list of potential signings by Moyes if other, more highly sought after players don't come (I thinking Mbia here, not Moutinho). To me, a panic buy is someone like Robbie Savage or Steve Carr - players who have definitely proven not to be high-caliber players and are brought in to fill out the numbers.

If we can get Obinna on loan, plus 2 midfielders of either 1) proven quality or 2) young player with some experience/potential, then I will be reasonably satisfied with our transfer activity. Ideally, Moutinho and, say, Ledley.

sounds like phil neville should be in there somewhere

I propose a new song ( to the tune of the conga)

He lives near the equator

he is a red [Poor language removed] hater

cast-iiii---lo

cast-iiii---lo

Last edited:

Just been on city that his work permit is already sorted. He can play for us from tomorrow!!

Sorry if this is already posted, couldn't be arsed looking through the whole thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.