2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he asked his agent to approach them? Sounds like he instigated it himself.

Paraphrasing the Athletic article as we can't post it but....last week him and Brands had discussed transfers, preseason was finalised, his son was moving from a flat to a house in Woolton.

Monday Perez/Real called him offering if he wanted the job.

There was no underhanded tactics, no disgruntlement, no anti-everton agenda. Real called and he couldn't turn it down.

Erm... Yes?

It was inevitable a big club would come calling at some stage. Particularly Madrid. They are lazy when it comes to manager searches.

I don't expect loyalty in football but I do think Ancelotti has been disingenuous. He was getting time here and as much support as was feasible. He knew the limitations of the job when he took it, or at least should have.

This was touted as a different type of challenge for him. He didn't fancy it in the end. That Madrid squad needs a lot of work but he's back playing in a 3 team league there. If that's what he wants fine by me.

As mentioned, the article suggests he was 100% behind the job....until he got a surprising call by Real Monday.

don't care who it is. didn't care when it was Real who took Gravesen away from us, right when he was in his prime. He ended up regretting that move. The state of Real now, maybe Carlo will do the same in time.
The state of Real?

Compate them to the state of Everton.

Paraphrasing the Athletic article as we can't post it but....last week him and Brands had discussed transfers, preseason was finalised, his son was moving from a flat to a house in Woolton.

Monday Perez/Real called him offering if he wanted the job.

There was no underhanded tactics, no disgruntlement, no anti-everton agenda. Real called and he couldn't turn it down.
Not underhand would mean Perez seeking permission from Everton to speak to the manager wouldn't it?

That doesn’t alter the fact Bobby’s first season saw us play a brand of football that Moyes never could.
Yeah but he got clueless how to keep it going, yeah started off well and like I said still had a great defence inherited from Moyes. The art is to keep it going Martinez couldn't with his way Moyes did for year his way. What’s the answer a manager with a bit of both, who’s the man though?

It's Real mate. Pep is probably the only manager who'd turn them down.
Well, there are several managers who have said no to Real, including Conte, Wenger, Nagelsmann and Allegri.

What is perhaps a little surprising is that Ancelotti has done this before, or coaching top clubs is largely what Ancelotti has done throughout his career. Now he had the opportunity to build something of his own, and if he had succeeded he would really have created a legacy as one of the best managers.

Instead, he takes his first flight to Madrid when the opportunity to be Perez's obedient servant until Perez has had enough of him - something that will happen fairly soon. I think that says a lot about Ancelotti.

Based on the teams he has coached throughout his career, this is the manager who has underperformed the most. He didn't really have a chance at Everton.

Well, there are several managers who have said no to Real, including Conte, Wenger, Nagelsmann and Allegri.

What is perhaps a little surprising is that Ancelotti has done this before, or coaching top clubs is largely what Ancelotti has done throughout his career. Now he had the opportunity to build something of his own, and if he had succeeded he would really have created a legacy as one of the best managers.

Instead, he takes his first flight to Madrid when the opportunity to be Perez's obedient servant until Perez has had enough of him - something that will happen fairly soon. I think that says a lot about Ancelotti.

Based on the teams he has coached throughout his career, this is the manager who has underperformed the most. He didn't really have a chance at Everton.

We talking rumour or flat out rejection of an offer?

Naglesman wasn't offered the job, he got an interview. Said he was too young and if was offered it now, he'd have to consider it.

Allegri was rumoured but went back to the club he's most successful at (Juve).

Was Conte offered it like he's apparently been offered at Spurs? Rumours are Cortouis and Hazard kicked up a fuss that he was linked....

Wenger is a different breed and even said there won't be many, if any, that have turned down Real like he did.

So why did Watford report us and why did we end up having to pay them compensation?

Cos they felt we turned his head mid-season causing him to get sacked, wanted a compo fee which we didn't want to pay. They eventually agreed a fee to stop an enquiry.

There was nothing like that here and Real paid us the compo.

Status
Not open for further replies.