2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paraphrasing the Athletic article as we can't post it but....last week him and Brands had discussed transfers, preseason was finalised, his son was moving from a flat to a house in Woolton.

Monday Perez/Real called him offering if he wanted the job.

There was no underhanded tactics, no disgruntlement, no anti-everton agenda. Real called and he couldn't turn it down.

Which is all the more snakey and dishonest imo, left at the first opportunity. The Real job is open 12-18 months, this was just about his own legacy and he left before he was deemed a failure. He took a huge salary hit to rid himself of us and the hit to his legacy if he did worse next season.

This guy is great at saying what people want to hear. Even in his book, he's just selling a version of himself the entire time. But when it came down to proper ethos and integrity he didn't have any. He gave up half a million Everton fans (judging from Everton's Youtube subs) and expected Everton fans to bend the knee to Real Madrid like "well what do you expect?" I expect the manager to give it a proper go, give it 2 or 3 years!

It was an incredibly selfish move. Having said all that - i don't mind him going tbh don't have time for traitors like that. Dunc must be furious, Dunc spoke highly of Carlo.

Things we know -
1. Lots of Everton players have unfollowed him on twitter.
2. Deal done within half a week means he hated it here.
3. Crap football in the second half of the season means things weren't working
4. A 2 post twitter message on twitter (that's 280 max characters) saying Farewell to Everton. Couldn't even write a few paragraphs explaining himself because he knew he did us dirty. You wonder if he wrote the notes in the match program himself or not.

Moyes never won owt in all his years here.

But you can deny it all you like, Bobby’s first season here the only time in the last few decades EFC actually played like a team which could cut it at the highest level.

It is a shame he couldn’t keep it going but at least he gave us a glimpse of what Everton used to be about and which we all hope can be again some day.

Which brings us back to where this conversation started....you lumping Bob in with Koeman, Sam, Silva and Ancelotti in terms of mediocrity.

And certainly his latter days merit that inclusion.

But he at least left us with sommat to look back on fondly...his four (and counting) successors have left nothing but a bad taste in our memories.
True Moyes won nothing but he had his moments but as Everton always do we bottled it, but he did in the main over his years here have us comfortable. I also agree for one season Martinez did have us doing extremely well (like I said on the back of Moyes team, so not all his work) but one thing Martinez did have was Lukaku best striker here since Lineker (massive bonus for any manager). But its here and now that’s important not back then, we need to get back to the basics and start looking comfortable in all aspects of our game, something we haven’t really looked in years, odd moments but nothing consistent. But if we want to talk about achievements and winning things, let’s go back to Royle not great way of playing but we won the fa cup in 95, His way was more Moyes way than Martinez way, tbh I’d have Jack Charltons way if it meant we were more successful.

I watched Sam in an interview very recently and he echoed the same sentiments about our playing squad and fans expectations as Ancelotti. We don't have an incredible team, we are unable to play high pace attacking play without leaving huge gaps everywhere.
We are not a skillful side and we don't seem to have a fighting spirit that lasts more than a few games a season.
I think we have a serviceable squad when everyone's fit but have a real mental fragility running through it too.
I think at the moment we need to really see what a multitude of managers have now seen in our dressing room, a bunch of players who wouldn't say boo to a goose. The next manager we get has to be of the Moyes, Fergusson mould rather than the Conte, Ancelotti ones.
Concentrate on shape, discipline and attitude first and foremost.... Well unless we're going to have a fire sale and rebuild, which is probably the better option in truth.
Agree with this. But a fire sale will only work if they get it right. Which on previous evidence they won’t. I’m guessing dcl, richarlison and digne might be in demand this summer.
Which is all the more snakey and dishonest imo, left at the first opportunity. The Real job is open 12-18 months, this was just about his own legacy and he left before he was deemed a failure. He took a huge salary hit to rid himself of us and the hit to his legacy if he did worse next season.

This guy is great at saying what people want to hear. Even in his book, he's just selling a version of himself the entire time. But when it came down to proper ethos and integrity he didn't have any. He gave up half a million Everton fans (judging from Everton's Youtube subs) and expected Everton fans to bend the knee to Real Madrid like "well what do you expect?" I expect the manager to give it a proper go, give it 2 or 3 years!

It was an incredibly selfish move. Having said all that - i don't mind him going tbh don't have time for traitors like that. Dunc must be furious, Dunc spoke highly of Carlo.

Things we know -
4. A 2 post twitter message on twitter (that's 280 max characters) saying Farewell to Everton. Couldn't even write a few paragraphs explaining himself because he knew he did us dirty. You wonder if he wrote the notes in the match program himself or not.
We had a top manager, got offered a better job challenging for titles, he found it to good to turn down.
Ultimately, this top manager was playing crap uninspiring football, finished lower than fat Sam. So I’m not bothered.
Also, grown men should relise that caring about Twitter follows is a bit soft, and the club’s pr team will prob write the managers notes in the program - and he’ll sign it off. Real life

To be fair its just textbook deflection from the club.

Very, very predictable.
I'm sure you are right that it suits Everton for these issues to come out now but interesting that they mirror comments made by Bayarn players

Screenshot_20210605_142450_com.ksmobile.cb_edit_539279427115628.jpg
Screenshot_20210605_142454_com.ksmobile.cb_edit_539265181598963.jpg

Things we know -

When a player or a manger leaves, a lot of fans try to find a reason why they've feel like they've been betrayed and justify it.

I don't see that with Carlo. He's said in a interview that he didn't expect Real to call him. Kev Campbell said that he knows for a fact Carlo has had plenty of offers since being at Everton and he's paid not attention to them.

I just think it was a club he couldn't turn down for whatever reason he has. The man's the most respected manager in world football so I don't see why we have to make out he's public enemy number 1.

Hes the only manager for decades that I thought could've brought some success to the club and just needed the time. Now that hasn't happened, it's tough to take IMO

When a player or a manger leaves, a lot of fans try to find a reason why they've feel like they've been betrayed and justify it.

I don't see that with Carlo. He's said in a interview that he didn't expect Real to call him. Kev Campbell said that he knows for a fact Carlo has had plenty of offers since being at Everton and he's paid not attention to them.

I just think it was a club he couldn't turn down for whatever reason he has. The man's the most respected manager in world football so I don't see why we have to make out he's public enemy number 1.

Hes the only manager for decades that I thought could've brought some success to the club and just needed the time. Now that hasn't happened, it's tough to take IMO

Apparently the Spanish league title is the only major league he hasn't won too.

“He would really have created a legacy as one of the best managers”

sorry mate he already has that legacy, and rescuing Real will be a far bigger feather in his cap.
Completing a title win in each of the top 5 leagues (or first manager to win 4 CL's) will cement his legacy more than getting Everton back in Europe.

Maybe it’s all about Davide being the real mastermind - nepotism to the extreme.

having watched how we played in the second half of the season - particularly at home - maybe he felt he couldn’t be arsed trying to improve the team or we’re just too awful.

just didn’t see the progress and the style of play was horrific.
It was clear he knew big changes were needed in the summer

Things we know -
He didnt take a salary hit

Status
Not open for further replies.