2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there are several managers who have said no to Real, including Conte, Wenger, Nagelsmann and Allegri.

What is perhaps a little surprising is that Ancelotti has done this before, or coaching top clubs is largely what Ancelotti has done throughout his career. Now he had the opportunity to build something of his own, and if he had succeeded he would really have created a legacy as one of the best managers.

Instead, he takes his first flight to Madrid when the opportunity to be Perez's obedient servant until Perez has had enough of him - something that will happen fairly soon. I think that says a lot about Ancelotti.

Based on the teams he has coached throughout his career, this is the manager who has underperformed the most. He didn't really have a chance at Everton.
“He would really have created a legacy as one of the best managers”

sorry mate he already has that legacy, and rescuing Real will be a far bigger feather in his cap.

Maybe it’s all about Davide being the real mastermind - nepotism to the extreme.

having watched how we played in the second half of the season - particularly at home - maybe he felt he couldn’t be arsed trying to improve the team or we’re just too awful.

just didn’t see the progress and the style of play was horrific.

It was fitness for me. First few games, even up till Christmas we were in the top 4. Then the style of play had changed and they all looked completely goosed after 20 mins. Other teams were running ring around us.

Yeah but he got clueless how to keep it going, yeah started off well and like I said still had a great defence inherited from Moyes. The art is to keep it going Martinez couldn't with his way Moyes did for year his way. What’s the answer a manager with a bit of both, who’s the man though?

Moyes never won owt in all his years here.

But you can deny it all you like, Bobby’s first season here the only time in the last few decades EFC actually played like a team which could cut it at the highest level.

It is a shame he couldn’t keep it going but at least he gave us a glimpse of what Everton used to be about and which we all hope can be again some day.

Which brings us back to where this conversation started....you lumping Bob in with Koeman, Sam, Silva and Ancelotti in terms of mediocrity.

And certainly his latter days merit that inclusion.

But he at least left us with sommat to look back on fondly...his four (and counting) successors have left nothing but a bad taste in our memories.

Cos they felt we turned his head mid-season causing him to get sacked, wanted a compo fee which we didn't want to pay. They eventually agreed a fee to stop an enquiry.

There was nothing like that here and Real paid us the compo.

Has this been confirmed and if so, do we know how much they paid?

“He would really have created a legacy as one of the best managers”

sorry mate he already has that legacy, and rescuing Real will be a far bigger feather in his cap.
No point having two feathers the same ,he is a rat the way he left and will only prove he didn't have it in him to suceed at Everton if he wins there .
I loved him here but he fooled me along with many others all this Crosby beach rubbish ,in the Read Everton blog it reveals the real facts behind him leaving .
I think he realised that the job was too big for him and I can understand the way the team is some matches ,the softly softly approach he uses is not going to work on these players .

Has this been confirmed and if so, do we know how much they paid?
Someone on here mentioned that Barney invoked a clause in his contract that gave him a fully paid release; something about 'mental trauma' or such-like. And as an Evertonian of some 40 odd (very odd!) years, I guess I can get with that gig...Everton have mentally traumatised me for about 37 of those 40 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.