2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may well have had Moyes’s defence,,..but Moyes never had an Everton team playing the way Bobby did in that season of blessed memory.
Perhaps they should manage and merge together, one thing Moyes could do and Martinez couldn’t was fix thing quickly when things were going wrong, at the end Martinez was clueless just like Koeman and Silva were couldn’t find an answer when things were going wrong. Moyes always could.

He may well have had Moyes’s defence,,..but Moyes never had an Everton team playing the way Bobby did in that season of blessed memory.
Mirallas' first goal vs West Ham in Davey's last game as manager was (and remains) the best looking Everton goal since the halcyon mid 80s (in my opinion).

Perhaps they should manage and merge together, one thing Moyes could do and Martinez couldn’t was fix thing quickly when things were going wrong, at the end Martinez was clueless just like Koeman and Silva were couldn’t find an answer when things were going wrong. Moyes always could.
Agree 100%

The Athletic article seems to substantiate a lot of the questions about fitness, intensity, training, tactics.

It wasn't hard to see, some fans just refused to admit it and turned on the fans who could.

It's much better he went now before he blew transfer budget on 30 year old players, then bailed in 3, 6, 12 months time.
Anyone any links to the article, been trying to find it with zilch success?

I reckon he just lost his initial enthusiasm for it when the scale of the task became clear. Better now than later. He had a very long honeymoon period here, but for many of us the gloss had rubbed off. I think that was mirrored in his own opinion of the job.

I don't find it surreal he left, I still find it surreal he was here at all. It's a bit like waking from a dream, not a good one or a bad one, but a strange one nonetheless.

I'm not angry or upset in any way. There were legitimate questions that he didn't have the required skill set. Clearly he didn't have the patience. He may not have realised that about himself when he took the job.

It might be a motivation for the new man to succeed where he didn't, or at least didn't see it out.

Now jog on Ancelotti. We'll manage.

That doesn’t alter the fact Bobby’s first season saw us play a brand of football that Moyes never could.

Apparently carlo believes there to be 'dysfunction' at the top of the club and said the recruitment was 'not ideal'. Agree with him about recruitment but i, like everyone, have no idea what goes on privately at board level. But I'm sure he's not too far off the mark. Good article. He wasnt the right fit and it is what it is.

I reckon he just lost his initial enthusiasm for it when the scale of the task became clear. Better now than later. He had a very long honeymoon period here, but for many of us the gloss had rubbed off. I think that was mirrored in his own opinion of the job.

I don't find it surreal he left, I still find it surreal he was here at all. It's a bit like waking from a dream, not a good one or a bad one, but a strange one nonetheless.

I'm not angry or upset in any way. There were legitimate questions that he didn't have the required skill set. Clearly he didn't have the patience. He may not have realised that about himself when he took the job.

It might be a motivation for the new man to succeed where he didn't, or at least didn't see it out.

Now jog on Ancelotti. We'll manage.

Not at all. His son was buying a house in Merseyside. They both were staying for next season.

Real just pinched him out of the blue and he took the job overnight.

What was he gonna do...turn it down and stay in Crosby?

Not at all. His son was buying a house in Merseyside. They both were staying for next season.

I thought he asked his agent to approach them? Sounds like he instigated it himself.

Erm... Yes?

It was inevitable a big club would come calling at some stage. Particularly Madrid. They are lazy when it comes to manager searches.

I don't expect loyalty in football but I do think Ancelotti has been disingenuous. He was getting time here and as much support as was feasible. He knew the limitations of the job when he took it, or at least should have.

This was touted as a different type of challenge for him. He didn't fancy it in the end. That Madrid squad needs a lot of work but he's back playing in a 3 team league there. If that's what he wants fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.