2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
These players will get him fired. He needs to cull them this window. Keane Coleman Siggurdson Davies Gomes out or they will cost him his job.

Who do we actually keep? Like 3 players, I thought the likes of klaassen and the Steve Walsh crew were the most unlovable bunch of cowards and here we are in 2021 and this current crop have somehow outdone them. Sod ‘em.
Carlo has a massive job here but it’s clear he’s getting nothing out of this bunch

Do we have more points than the last 4 years. If the answer is yes, that equals improvement

Same level though, midtable garbage. Some seasons you’re 10th, some seasons you’re 12th - just natural fluctuation in a league format. There’s no actual, real improvement - just ‘competing’ at the same level of mediocrity year-in, year-out.

There’s no tangible improvement in the slightest. Mid table in the league, still doing nothing in cups and zero personality or vision in the team. Very, very poor.

I expected better from him - the team always looks half hearted, which is an awful indictment on his ability to motivate his team. They are absolutely awful to watch, you can feel the lack of enthusiasm from the players.

But he’s not the problem - poor recruitment over years + no ambition at the highest levels has lead to this.

Next season will be no different, it’s been like this literally for decades, bar the odd good season which ultimately lead to nothing.

Everton stands for mediocrity, it should replace NSNO in the club badge.
of all the criticisms, that can't really be levelled because the wins at Anfield, comeback at OT ect weren't that.

But he has no identity as a manager and that doesn't work if you've got bang average players.

He needs a kick up the arse. Talk of motivation, effort. It's only half the problem. He's been tactically inept in too many games this season and that's what's cost us.

I mean, can you blame him for the players being so sloppy.

We’re just a mess, we’re beyond embarrassing.

Genuinely though, if he brings in players who can improve that’s an achievement. Who wants to come here, and play with this gang of embarrassments?

I hope he stays, I hope he gets the support/backing he needs and I hope we push on.

I do have to ask though why we have looked terrible (moreso) for the last month or so and yet he has not changed anything other than enforced stuff? Same teams, same subs, same set up.

Feels like he just threw the towel in.

Status
Not open for further replies.