2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a season of progression from recent seasons. We have 4 new players in this awful squad, with no depth. I don’t see no European football as a failure. It just outlines the need for more quality in this squad. Which I think in the summer we get. Carlo needs a few windows for him to build a squad. 3/4 signings weren’t going to do this season.

Not for me mate. No game plan, no cohesion, constantly playing players who should be dropped, same subs, same issues nearly all season at home.

Listen, of we had Sean Dyche on the bench he'd get a free pass as I'd expect it. With a manager of Ancelottis experience I'd expect for far more than thinking 5 at the back and hoping for thr best week in week out.

The football is dreadful, the tactics have been dreadful, the set up is dreadful, its not good enough no matter which way anyone tries to dress it up.

I'm afraid that's on Carlo, again. The 3/5 at the back works against teams who come at us, in a game we are expected to dominate it leaves too many players absolutely obsolete going forward, at times 4/5 in the first half and as a result makes it so easy to defend against, which it has been. It simply doesn't work in this type of game.

Either holgate or Godfrey have to bring it out and Allan and dacoure further up, the way we've done it means they are all in each others pocket.

He changed at 45 to a 4-4-1-1, an acceptance that he set it up so wrong. But with one tactic and one tactic alone, to get the ball down the left to digne for him to hit in numerous poor crosses. It's been so poor, one or two games excepted for the past 5/6 months. Brutally awful usually.
We have no players to play other ways? We have Davies Bernard siggy gomes iwobi. That’s 5 players who want to play centrally?! They made it compact through the centre? We’ve had 1 good transfer window to sort out our central midfield. We need another to sort out the other areas. It can’t be done in one go.

Has until Christmas to change things and establish an identity and that should be enough. If he doesn't and we don't improve significantly then he is susceptible to getting the boot. Pretty much any manager in the league can give you the same return as Carlo has this season and most play better football.

No doubt some will disagree but our home form is shocking and our away performances are beyond boring.

Not quite with you yet, but when we got rid of Silva my feeling was we needed a young manager with new ideas (a Nagelsmann type, for instance). Still he's the best manager we've had in years and I'm not sure if there's anyone better out there who'd want the job.
I'd have had Rodgers. Ilm not saying that in retrospect either.

Has until Christmas to change things and establish an identity and that should be enough. If he doesn't and we don't improve significantly then he is susceptible to getting the boot. Pretty much any manager in the league can give you the same return as Carlo has this season and most play better football.

No doubt some will disagree but our home form is shocking and our away performances are beyond boring.
What does ‘establish an identity’ mean?

This, but the cult will be on you now and accusing you of wanting Graham Potter.

I don’t believe he’s the right manager for us. We need someone that can get poor players performing above their level. He needs a ready made competent squad, and our absolute clown of a DOF is not going to deliver him that.
Who’s gonna do that though Mike, we’ve gone through managers like the clappers over the last 5 years, first sign of trouble and it’s out the door, rinse and repeat

Starting with 5 defenders and 2 defensively minded mids against rock bottom Sheff utd at home is criminal.
His tactics baffle me. From the moment I saw he played gomes and siggy as wingers v newcastle early in season. Hopefully it's because he thinks the players are rubbish and will buy this summer.

If its similar next year he will get some shock at the boos that will ring down on him. We need intense football.

I sure hope we play better with fans at Goodison because our away form is going to tank hard next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.