2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s gonna do that though Mike, we’ve gone through managers like the clappers over the last 5 years, first sign of trouble and it’s out the door, rinse and repeat
Also wondering the similarity if football all these different manager played over last 5 years.

From Martinez second season ( his first was totally different) Koeman, big sam, Silva. Carlo. All sideways non intense dribble.

Jamie carragher said we need an intense manager. Someone who gets us to play with enegry. Wonder if Dunc was the answer.

Don't want a change of manager, not least as I can't stomach yet another one.

But he will only have next season now based on this evidence.

He has a huge mountain to climb to do enough to convince himself, let alone Moshiri, that he has got this.

Players are giving two fingers to him, that's clear as well.

I think the problem mostly boils down to this: Carlo has spoken about how his management style is to treat the players as people first. So he's not the fire-and-brimstone type of motivator. He's more the father-figure type. But this lot of players he's inherited desperately need the first type (someone like Big Dunc), because they utterly lack any self-motivation. Without someone to kick them up the bum, they're useless. You can see that in the difference between how they played those few games under Big Dunc versus games like today.

But that's not an indictment of Carlo. It's an indictment of the players. The fix is not to change the manager yet again - we have Carlo Ancelotti, who could we possibly get that's better - it's to get the kind of players in who don't depend on the manager to light a fire up them every game. It absolutely sucks to say yet again, but this is a problem that can only be fixed in the transfer market.

Cwoar, like scene from back draft in here.

Didn't watch, but I'm gathering it was abysmal again.

So something has to give. However...

Keep Carlo, we pretty much all agree loafs of these players need punting.

Get rid of Carlo and get a.n. other in... he's either giving a clean slate to a bunch who've repeatedly been found wanting (happy days) OR he's punting a load of them.

Are we actually garunteed better with another boss? No magic wand here I'm afraid.

These lazy bastards have shown this season, and under Koeman/Silva/Allardyce that they haven’t got an ounce of care for the club, or they’re simply not good enough.

Gomes, Sigurdsson, Keane, Bernard just aren’t good enough, and won’t be good enough to help us push on. Coleman past it.

You can blame Ancelotti all you want, but 4 different managers (5 if you include Unsworth), they have no enthusiasm.

The players we’ve brought in this season suggest we’re bucking the trend, but until you start buying, young, hungry players who actually have pace you’re never going to achieve anything.

The home form has been nothing short of embarassing, but you don’t turn things round over night.

My concern is most people who defend this man are defending him out of fear of the continuation of the cycle of the previous 7 years and nothing else - that’s not the right way to be looking at it I’m afraid.

Managers can only play ways in regards to players at his disposal. We don’t have wingers, we don’t have players who can provide width. Only digne. Hence why we play done the left. Coleman offers nothing as a starter. Our whole squad, not through Carlos fault is central loaded. He has players from managers who all
Played different systems. That’s not on him. Yes Ofcourse he has to take blames here and there, but when you have players who don’t try on the pitch, and players who can’t play different systems. What can he do?

You answered your own question at the end. You don't pick players who don't try and you don't pick players who can't play different systems.

No one is going to tell me any different that a 17 year old u18 academy player wouldn't provide more zip, purpose and enthusiasm than What's been offered by the likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Gylfi, Richarlison, Delph this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.