2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadful management and unacceptable.

Without European football it has been a massive failure of a season.
It’s been a season of progression from recent seasons. We have 4 new players in this awful squad, with no depth. I don’t see no European football as a failure. It just outlines the need for more quality in this squad. Which I think in the summer we get. Carlo needs a few windows for him to build a squad. 3/4 signings weren’t going to do this season.

8th place and still in contention for Europe last week of the season is progress. Throw two quarter finals in as well and winning a derby.

If we end up lower than that though it undoes some of that progress made. We might finish 10th.

Carlo needs at least 2-300 million in the summer to sort this squad out.

I'm afraid that's on Carlo, again. The 3/5 at the back works against teams who come at us, in a game we are expected to dominate it leaves too many players absolutely obsolete going forward, at times 4/5 in the first half and as a result makes it so easy to defend against, which it has been. It simply doesn't work in this type of game.

Either holgate or Godfrey have to bring it out and Allan and dacoure further up, the way we've done it means they are all in each others pocket.

He changed at 45 to a 4-4-1-1, an acceptance that he set it up so wrong. But with one tactic and one tactic alone, to get the ball down the left to digne for him to hit in numerous poor crosses. It's been so poor, one or two games excepted for the past 5/6 months. Brutally awful usually.

This, but the cult will be on you now and accusing you of wanting Graham Potter.

I don’t believe he’s the right manager for us. We need someone that can get poor players performing above their level. He needs a ready made competent squad, and our absolute clown of a DOF is not going to deliver him that.

I only disagree with that I do think he can be the right manager for us, but right now he's not showing it.

I want to see him given a chance with better players. But, I wanted that for all the other managers we've had, bar Fat Sam.

We'll have to see.

But right now, it's not looking good. And I've said this all along, it should not take any manager time to implement a style/identity, if they have one. Carlo doesn't. So people expecting that to happen are wrong. This is what we're getting now, but in the hope that next season we have better players to make it work more consistently.

I would give him this summer to sort it out...problem is that we have super marcel in charge of transfers...so expect nothing until deadline day...which is too late to build a team that can get a good start in the league. I think this team needs radical changes and I am not sure if he would be the man for the job.

9 home defeats for the first time in our history. A nice touch for a fan base that loves history

free pass for the gaffer and his coaching staff though

Attachments

• C6C25B31-C935-4FBF-B979-72DCE5BB22A4.jpeg
    C6C25B31-C935-4FBF-B979-72DCE5BB22A4.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 25
I am at a total loss to explain this but all I can say is that I am not sure what replacing Carlo would do besides make us start all over again.

I am at the point now where I think we need to give someone a 5 year spell to try and do something because the first two years are getting rid of the dross from previous regimes. I can’t think of anyone with a better CV than Carlo to have that 5 years to give it a go here but my god this is horrible to watch

No he won’t, but it is a poor first full season.

Techincally it’s a failure as he said himself the aim was European football this season.

He had to take some blame, worst home record in however long? I blame the player 90% but he has to take some blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.