2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still massively on Carlo's side but goodness me he has huge questions to answer.

Yes, it's the players who cross the white line and they were, to a man, horrific tonight. But he is responsible for preparing the team mentally and physically, and time and time again this season teams - really, really, REALLY bad teams, have come to Goodison Park and utterly embarrassed us. Something about that really doesn't sit right with me about that. It's a proper chink on the armour and it's being exposed repeatedly. Carlo is the one who has to find the solution to it and he's showing no sign at all that he can.

Still think he needs to be judged next season as the team will truly be his then. But my word, we have a major, major problem to overcome.
He prepares a defensive team every game. I’ll say again, like watching La liga on C4 30 years ago

He needs to bring in at least 5 new starters next season. Not 5 players but at least 5 who will start in our first game next season. He really needs to bring in a further 5 for the bench. There’s at least 10 of that current squad who should never play for Everton again.

I’m starting to question him now. This isn’t me saying we should sack him like one of the many lunatics on here but there are certainly some question marks there.

That is about as bad as anything I’ve ever seen. His reputation means nothing to me, his performance as Everton manager is all that matters and that is not even close to being good enough. 10th looks a real possibility now and that is an appalling return

This, but the cult will be on you now and accusing you of wanting Graham Potter.

I don’t believe he’s the right manager for us. We need someone that can get poor players performing above their level. He needs a ready made competent squad, and our absolute clown of a DOF is not going to deliver him that.

Im trying not to be too impulsive in this thread but that was shocking.

Sheff U, lowest scorers in the league, most defeats, getting relegated and we start with a back 5 and a defensive mentality. Terrible from him and got what he deserved for the negative set up.

I understand we may not have great attacking options but we dont have great defensive options either and to set up like that against the worst team in the league is a disgrace. We have been out played by Fulham, Newcastle, Burnley and now Sheff U. The football we are serving up is the worst in the league. He's been here 18 months, enough time to get the players passing a ball at a decenr level

Dropping players out of form, rightly so whilst persisting with Richarlison who is league 2 standard at the moment every game is something I cant understand either.

Can we fix this by throwing a load of money at it? Im not sure

If you can’t organise a team with the talent that started that match, and yes there’s talent there, to beat an already relegated team without half the quality, then you deserve all the criticism under the sun. That sort of result just should not happen and it has, and pretty often.

Status
Not open for further replies.