2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You thought we were boring when we started by beating WBA 5-2, Brighton 4-2, Fulham 3-2, drew 2-2 with Liverpool, put 4 past West ham I'm the carabao....

Apart from about 4 games at the beginning of the season then, we've boring like proper boring. When was the last time you watched us win lose or draw and go wow we played well there, looked creative, fast etc

Far from it. But I know garbage when I see it. Even the worst teams I've seen over the 60 years have given us a handful of outstanding displays. This one hasn't. And the less said about the demise of 'Fortress Goodison' the better.
I’ll direct you to Martinez final season and the utter garbage served up continually by Marco Silva.
I’d say the win at Anfield was decent. Tonight was never going to be pretty, we had 12 fit players. The man has signed 4 players in his time here, we have to give him time.

Well down to bare bones what can he do? The lineup and the bench....
Well for a start he could have retained Kean and Gordon. At least we wouldn't have the embarrassment of having to fill the bench with kids who've only just learned how tie their bootlaces.

Yeah these aren’t achievements.

So you'd rather we didn't win at Anfield or get any happiness derived from the rest if it doesn't end in silverware? Don't know what planet you're living on but it is. Just levels. A homeless man getting a place to kip on a consistent basis wouldn't be an achievement to those that do not have such problems, but believe me it is to them.

A mid 50 point season and an opportunity to tool up is still progress from where we have come from the last few years. We were never going from where we were to a trophy laden season. Wham and Villa both came from relegation fights last season to challenge for Europe so we have to hope we can do similar. The trick is not to soil the pants too early. If we start getting less and less points each season then you can push the panic button.

I'm just hoping that with fans back next season he changes it up, there is absolutely zero chance on this earth he gets away with playing like this at home under a full stadium.

Great manager, great man, had some rotten luck with injuries but HE Along with the players have had a really average season. He's scraped wins and we've got some good wins but this is without doubt level with fat sam performances at the minute.

Just can't wait for the season to finish, get rid of some more get some better players in, fans back and we go again next season and I think he is the man to make us compete at the top.

"Daddy what good you do during that pandemic?"

'Oh I watched Everton"

"Wow! Was it a good season?"

"Well we beat Liverpool away for the first time in 30 years"

"That must have been some team and a great season! Where did they finish?"

"8th. But we had an amazing game in hand for almost the whole year! It was magical"

So you'd rather we didn't win at Anfield or get any happiness derived from the rest if it doesn't end in silverware? Don't know what planet you're living on but it is. Just levels. A homeless man getting a place to kip on a consistent basis wouldn't be an achievement to those that do not have such problems, but believe me it is to them.

A mid 50 point season and an opportunity to tool up is still progress from where we have come from the last few years. We were never going from where we were to a trophy laden season. Wham and Villa both came from relegation fights last season to challenge for Europe so we have to hope we can do similar. The trick is not to soil the pants too early. If we start getting less and less points each season then you can push the panic button.

Winning at Anfield was good yes, but nothing else you listed is worthy of note. We got to cup quarter finals and drew at Old Trafford under Silva and other crap managers, they aren’t cause for celebration.

Nobody has yet come up with the reason for the departure of King? He is not injured, just no longer with the squad? He can't be so bad for Carlo to boot him out.

People clutching at straws with Anthony Gordon shouts. The kid done nothing to warrant being kept in the squad.
Neither have half the other players but essentially they get to stay because they have "experience" which they rarely seem to use to play better with

The worry is this "quiet leadership" thang. Him, Martinez, Silva all different managers but none were the type you feel would hang a player out to dry or bust some heads in the dressing room.

This club needs Dogs of War type management - thats why we punched above our way under Moyes and in fairness to Fat Sam the season he had us 8th with Sandro and a washed up Rooney up top. Big Royle speaks for himself.

Hopefully Carlo can turn things around but the fear is that there is a lack of expectation at the club that runs from the top down and you get the feeling its all fun and games behind the scenes and in training. Thats where a hard nosed manager can help focus the players in the dressing room from thinking they are at gulliver's world.
If u have a dogs off war manager you will always be a dogs of war team... we need to kick on from that.... if this aranian etc u should know better than most Everton aren’t we

buddies i have exciting news. i have assigned team of hi talented science buddies to work day and nite for solution to angry carlo feelings and they say they have breakthru with solution. they send now please stand by i post exciting findings and surely solve all the everton problems.
Imagine a world were you cant question your highest earning employees work without getting sniggered at. It cant be all black and white lads, cant have it that youre not allowed a negative opinion about someone and be cast continually as a bed wetter, or the 'lets laugh that the online keyboard warriors think they know better than the most successful manager in the clubs history' brigade.
I'll still back Carlo even though its been a real ugly season outside the first quarter of games, but we're burying our heads, and looking like assholes if we constantly deride the negative/overly pessimist supporters each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.