2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither have half the other players but essentially they get to stay because they have "experience" which they rarely seem to use to play better with
But much easier to loan a kid out who is on low wages than say a crab like Delph etc. I don’t think Anthony Gordon or Moise Kean would even slightly change how that game was approached tonight.

We are the only team in the league to have had every squad member that has featured so far injured at some point.

And who are these teams that have all their best players injured who play samba football? Utterly clueless you.
I don't think anyone is expecting samba football but stringing more than 3 passes together wouldn't go amiss.

He's got a lot of flaws and he's good at a lot of things as well.

His flaws have often been hidden by having players actually capable of kicking a football to other players on their team.

We don't have that, because our recruitment has been awful, our management of the squad is awful, and our medical department are awful, and we're cursed as a club.

When all of those pile on, those flaws of Carlo's are exposed.

I don't know if he's definitely the right man but still have faith he is and today's result doesn't actually add or take away from that belief for me.

Needs another summer, and it needs to be right, but we need to start seeing some idea of how to play that isn't 7 centre-backs.
Agree with first four paragraphs. The faith in him has waned for me greatly regarding displays / results this season overall. Has had over15 months to sign/ organise/create/ and understand the players he now has. Needs another summer? Ok! But what if that summer turns flat and the organization is still not there. I could'nt go another season with him like this one.

The worry is this "quiet leadership" thang. Him, Martinez, Silva all different managers but none were the type you feel would hang a player out to dry or bust some heads in the dressing room.

This club needs Dogs of War type management - thats why we punched above our way under Moyes and in fairness to Fat Sam the season he had us 8th with Sandro and a washed up Rooney up top. Big Royle speaks for himself.

Hopefully Carlo can turn things around but the fear is that there is a lack of expectation at the club that runs from the top down and you get the feeling its all fun and games behind the scenes and in training. Thats where a hard nosed manager can help focus the players in the dressing room from thinking they are at gulliver's world.
Two words:

Keane, Roy.

But much easier to loan a kid out who is on low wages than say a crab like Delph etc. I don’t think Anthony Gordon or Moise Kean would even slightly change how that game was approached tonight.
You really don't see any way we could have played differently when we started the game with 1 forward and 6 defenders?

He's untouchable and rightly so.
Mosh would bin the whole squad (please do) and most of the other people at the club before Carlo comes under pressure.

I think he suits a more slower paced league in all honesty for the time being, maybe right move wrong time. If he was 4-5 years older it might have worked better
I think he suits playing football regularly. I mean historically slow paced Bayern Munich and Barcelona are teams he's played decent against.

I think he suits a more slower paced league in all honesty for the time being, maybe right move wrong time. If he was 4-5 years older it might have worked better
Well Carlo has been doing his best to turn us into the slowest paced team in the league. It's just that no other team is playing ball and doing the same.

Apart from about 4 games at the beginning of the season then, we've boring like proper boring. When was the last time you watched us win lose or draw and go wow we played well there, looked creative, fast etc
That's the point I've been making though mate. We were much better when we had our first choice midfield fit - September to November. Since then we've been struggling creatively. But what I'm saying is it's because of the midfield imbalance

You really don't see any way we could have played differently when we started the game with 1 forward and 6 defenders?
With that squad tonight? Not really.

With Kean and Gordon? We’d have more options going forward sure, but both have done nothing whatsoever in an Everton shirt to even suggest we’d have got a better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.