2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance we are even drawing with these tomorrow, it would’ve been a tough game with a full strength team.

Im shocked how he has us playing tbh under Carlo I thought we would be rigid/hard to beat we play like a bunch of fannies like we did under Martinez/Silva.

I dont care what anyone says about school of science etc we are best suited to dogs of war style - ever since we went away from that we've been turd and cowardice.

Ironically even that type of football under Fat Sam with an awful squad had us 8th better than we looked under Silva with better players.

Two defeats in the next five days will really have me asking huge questions, to be honest. For me, he has to take a minimum of 3 points, given the run we've been on. We've got hundreds of millions of pounds worth of 'talent' to call upon and have had a game a week for the past three weeks. No excuses.

Imagine being in the bottom half of the table. It’s not as though we’ve sacked 2 managers in the last 3 seasons because relegation looked likely is it.
When those new managers took over, we were in 13th place and 13th place. We were in no actual danger of relegation. (well, maybe with Silva if we has persisted, but that's an indictment on the manager, not the players (even though, yes, the players were bad).
So bottom half represents no positive movement.

When those new managers took over, we were in 13th place and 13th place. We were in no actual danger of relegation. (well, maybe with Silva if we has persisted, but that's an indictment on the manager, not the players (even though, yes, the players were bad).
So bottom half represents no positive movement.

Koeman and Silva were nosediving us to relegation. Especially under Silva we had 15 points from 15 games! Under Koeman we barely looked like we could beat anyone and we’re throwing Niasse on as a Hail Mary move to try and beat Bournemouth at home. We’re a world away from those days. For me there’s the top 7 and then every other position above relegation is irrelevant for me. Of Carlo keeps us out the relegation fight he gets more time. That’s not my expectation, it’s the deal every single Everton manager has had. Everton managers aren’t fired for failing to make europe, they’re fired for looking like they’ll get relegated or poisoning the fans to the point they can’t remain in post. Carlo hopefully won’t be near either of them. He’s not going anywhere and will get the chance to further shape his squad over the next two windows. A lot more players have to be added to the squad to make it competitive.

We are not going to get a better Manager that Carlo and will stick with him no matter what. Sure the performances have not been good enough and he himself isn't exempt from criticism but lets be honest, the club has been in a mess for years and a lot of them same numpties are still stinking the place out and having their usual negative influence. It is going to take substantial time, money and effort to change it and if you value your sanity, it is best to just accept that really and forget about this season as we are not even close to being good enough even for the top 10.

We will get there in the end, feck knows how long it will take though.

Two defeats in the next five days will really have me asking huge questions, to be honest. For me, he has to take a minimum of 3 points, given the run we've been on. We've got hundreds of millions of pounds worth of 'talent' to call upon and have had a game a week for the past three weeks. No excuses.

But they're not are they
Just because we payed 75m for lets just say sigurdsson and iwobi doesnt make them any good.
All it means is we got mugged off by the selling clubs.

Moshpit isn't spending 500 million quid only to boot out the one world-class individual at the club because a few entitled fantasists are incapable of anything other than baying for instant gratification.

We'll probably continue to slide down the table this month and hit some turbulence, but this is where fans really need to show a little discipline and let the evolution continue. It's slow going, but that's the nature of evolution. Ancelotti is going to need windows - and not just January and the summer either. Everton is a shitshow after years of employing incompetent managers following decades of stagnation. The irony for me is that some transparently mediocre managers were massively over-indulged in terms of time and patience when it was clear they weren't up to the job and now we have a top class manager we're hailing the nearest taxi.

Over time, Carlo will improve us. Moshiri is clearly serious about this, but his own decision-making has set us back and added to the impatience. At some point, we fans have to get behind one man. We cannot keep chopping and changing. If we were ever going to stick with one man, it would surely be this one, not someone who'd done a mercurial job with Watford.

In some ways, the great Howard Kendall has lots to answer for. Ever since he came in, looked like being hounded out, and then almost miraculously turned us into the best team in Europe, many Evertonians have been seduced by the idea of hiring one of our own or a young manager with his career in front of him. Kendall was a one-off. There is no quick fix for this - even Howard needed the best part of three years before his team began to look semi competent. Ancelotti has had a bare 12 months in the middle of a pandemic which has reduced the game to a televised parody of itself. I think he'll get all the time he needs. And rightly so.

Shame that the European Super League will already be in operation by then and we'd be left on the outside of it. In practice Carlo's got two seasons to put us back up there as a top club.
Carlo could win the PL and we still wouldn't be invited to join the new Euro Sper League...the official excuse would be poor Euro Coefficient score

If your face doesn't fit it don't fit

Come on blues GET BEHIND this manager.

He's not had a year yet - it's going to take time to get his methods across to the team.

The lucky 2000 should roar the team to victory.

Big pressure on tomorrow another defeat and we could be bottom half
Incredibly disappointed with how Ancelotti has handled things in the last five matches. Picking Iceland, captaining Iceland, dropping Gordon, no Niels, strange formations, throwing Holgate in when not fully fit, sticking with Pickford, team lacking motivation, poor fitness levels...very very poor!!

Status
Not open for further replies.