2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read many of the comments and agree/disagree with many. For me though our problems were injured players in one area like RB, Godfrey was a weakness exploited there. Playing Iwobi in front of Digne was a bad choice should have been Gordon or Bernard from the off. Similarly Siggy over Gomes was a poor do as well. The team just did not seem to meld together I think because of the selections outlined above.

I hope peoples expectations are staying realistic, I f we don't get top 4 it isn't the end of the world as it wasn't in our projections for this season. After such a good start we should be aiming for Europe 100% but let's not get carried away, I think we have seen the limitations on the squad against Southampton, we can't afford to lose Richy he's too good and does too much graft he really is irreplaceable at the moment.

He was spot about the witch-hunt for Everton regarding Pickford last week and Digne being sent off... Could see we were light in the 50-50s, hence why they won the vast majority, any team will be advised to go down like they have been shot from any challenge in next few games as we will be judged harshly from the fall out of the derby... Just sad so many so called Blues brought into media campaign and made it so easy for us to be this target...
Doesn't help when Siggurdson wimps out of tackles. They just wanted it more than we did.

Because he can do things like hit the bar from 30 yards. Ancelotti will have wanted more goal threat and he very nearly got the desired result.

I don’t like sigurdson playing for us but that is true isn’t it. That’s football. Just an inch away from us all talking about his great goal and how great it is that our squad players can do stuff like get us results in spectacular fashion.

One inch and we are all drinking bleach.

I don’t like sigurdson playing for us but that is true isn’t it. That’s football. Just an inch away from us all talking about his great goal and how great it is that our squad players can do stuff like get us results in spectacular fashion.

Game of fine margins my friend, Siggy's effort goes in who knows what result it ends. Just shows what a loss Richy is for me though. None of the three understudies can have the effect he has.

No him or Digne for 2 games is gonna be a problem for us now. I'm greatful we've got wins in the bank and hopefully we can scrap through some more while we're short.

A strong starting XI, not so much in reserve despite having numbers.

I think that the Gomes / Sigurdsson decision seems worse because the team was already stretched by injuries and suspension.

For whatever reason, though, Ancelotti seems to think quite highly of Sigurdsson.

It doesn't surprise me. We see a 45m player who is really one of the last linhering memories of a truly awful set of recruitment between winter 17 to winter 18.

Ancelotti won't see a player with a pound sign on him. He will see what looks like an honest and experienced professional, who seems to train well though is now limited physically in what he can do. However, his delivery of set pieces and his scoring from distance could prove to be the difference in tight games, so I can completely see why he keeps him in and around the squad.

There was loads of reasons for the loss. I’m not sure why Allan is unfit though. He was injured against West Ham which was weeks ago and has had two games since then, why is he apparently unfit? Same with James. Surely we are not playing unfit players?
Nooooo of course not, no manager in the history of football has taken a chance and played a player who was less than 100% fit. - ever.

Let’s get through the next 2 games with damage limitation. we have Nkounkou and Kenny possibly to come in who I have some confidence in. I would play 3 at the back.to provide the some protection. We’ve got options In front of them. Then get Digne and Richarlison back firing we could be still top of the league to key players refreshed and all to play for. It’s a long season and everyone would have been More than happy with where we are if they were told this pre season.

If that Gylfi shot goes in, I think we win that match tbh. No disrespect to Southampton because they played good tactically but the goals we conceded were so so poor, The 2nd is kinda unlucky because Siggy just can't reach it and the one is pathetic defending, Just one of them sadly.

If that Gylfi shot goes in, I think we win that match tbh. No disrespect to Southampton because they played good tactically but the goals we conceded were so so poor, The 2nd is kinda unlucky because Siggy just can't reach it and the one is pathetic defending, Just one of them sadly.
Agree, but:

1) We have seen bad defensive play a little too often. This costs a lot of points.

2) The best teams come after the opponent like a lion chasing an antelope if they are down 1-0 / 2-0, while we often fail to mobilize any pressure.

Let’s get through the next 2 games with damage limitation. we have Nkounkou and Kenny possibly to come in who I have some confidence in. I would play 3 at the back.to provide the some protection. We’ve got options In front of them. Then get Digne and Richarlison back firing we could be still top of the league to key players refreshed and all to play for. It’s a long season and everyone would have been More than happy with where we are if they were told this pre season.

sorry this post has me confused - let’s get through the next two games with damage limitation?

and you say you have confidence in the others coming in?

We're not imagining it, Sigurdsson is a highly contagious player in terms of a significant negative influence. His all round hiding really encourages a kind of capitulation and low demoralising demeanor amongst his team mates. Very dangerous to start him from the start as it sucks any urgency from our game. The worst type of influence. To start him and Iwobi again will be giving the game away. How a team starts in a game is vitally important and with him we we don't start with any zest.

As for Iwobi, Bolasie would have been better as at least he has a point to prove and isnt a bad as he is, generally. Two big errors starting with them two. We saw this time and again last season, repeatedly playing these 2 in particular, and hoping Ancelotti doesn't fall into that same trap as they just won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.