2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Ancelotti tried to win it rather than keep it tight and got it wrong

Similar to the end of last season, Ancelotti is giving some players chances but he is seeing who is and isn’t performing for him. He’s not stupid, he’ll wield the axe just like he did for Schneiderlin and others as soon as he has some better options. Look how many minutes Davies is getting now for example. I think he’s trying to do a whole revolution of culture and attitude without upsetting what are some fragile egos and losing the players like other managers have done. It’s a fine line.

The one thing I’d say for some of these players is that the likes of DCL Holgate Coleman and Keane have massively raised their game for Carlo to a level where people are happy for them to be in the first 11 again. It raises serious question marks over the players like Iwobi Sigurdsson and Bernard who have not improved their performances at all.

Carlo will find the answers though. This season was always going to be about getting back into Europe and shifting out more of the rotten core who have plagued this club for years.

Similar to the end of last season, Ancelotti is giving some players chances but he is seeing who is and isn’t performing for him. He’s not stupid, he’ll wield the axe just like he did for Schneiderlin and others as soon as he has some better options. Look how many minutes Davies is getting now for example. I think he’s trying to do a whole revolution of culture and attitude without upsetting what are some fragile egos and losing the players like other managers have done. It’s a fine line.

The one thing I’d say for some of these players is that the likes of DCL Holgate Coleman and Keane have massively raised their game for Carlo to a level where people are happy for them to be in the first 11 again. It raises serious question marks over the players like Iwobi Sigurdsson and Bernard who have not improved their performances at all.

Carlo will find the answers though. This season was always going to be about getting back into Europe and shifting out more of the rotten core who have plagued this club for years.

I saw something, I believe in the Athletic that said as much about lockdown. That Ancelotti knowingly used it as an experiment. It's little things like that that make me think he sees this as a medium-long term project. You compare it to Allardyce who really only did what was right for the next game but with little idea of a long term plan.

We learnt quite a bit about certain players on Saturday. Iwobi, Sigurdsson and Bernard are ok coming on in games, around better players but don't give us what we need from the start. The problem is, we don't currently have a lot of alternatives. It's the limitation of the squad.

Id expect Bernard to go in January.

This manager won't lose his head over one result unlike some on this forum.

He was spot about the witch-hunt for Everton regarding Pickford last week and Digne being sent off... Could see we were light in the 50-50s, hence why they won the vast majority, any team will be advised to go down like they have been shot from any challenge in next few games as we will be judged harshly from the fall out of the derby... Just sad so many so called Blues brought into media campaign and made it so easy for us to be this target...

It was a bad loss yesterday, but in the big picture of an entire season I’m still supremely confident that this guy gets us to where we need to be this year and then improves us next year. I’ve never had that from any other manager we’ve had.

I'm not even sure it was that bad a a loss. I looked at Xg and they had around 0.6 and we had around 0.4. It was a dull game that you'd have said they shaded. A good finish and a deflected goal cost us.

Southampton are a good team too. The front 2 will cause teams problems. We were not at our best and missing some key players and ultimately we asre not good enough to churn results out when that happens.

We remain in a strong position, but we have to keep eeking points out where possible.

Stop our players going, like other clubs have done. We have every right to given we’re in the midst of a global pandemic.

No other clubs other than Juventus have stopped players going, and they caved eventually.

The only reasoning clubs have used is if the players have tested positive for coronavirus, but that isn't something you can just make up and requires a 14-day isolation period.

Players can refuse, but it's down to the players, not the club.

We can't even judge what we're like without Richarlison yet, Yesterday doesn't count because not a single player turned up, Even James and DCL were stinky so it'll be interesting to see what we do against Newcastle.

The reality is, in a game where we are outmatched, we probably need to be a bit more pragmatic. It’s no surprise that we have struggled against two pressing sides and we have looked disorganized in every regard in the past two games.

Carlo was probably trying to see how long we could ride the momentum and he got his answer. We just need to come up with a different game plan next time. It happens.

It's a bit "worrisome" that the last 2 matches have been just...awful. About as bad as anything in the last couple of years. I KNOW this isn't acceptable to Carlo but this is his entire job, to prevent things like this from occurring regularly. Needs to stop immediately.

Really can’t be arsed if we go and do a typical Everton and start spiralling down the table because we’ve lost one match.

We never seem to lose the odd game and then bounce back, it’s always like we cave in completely and turn into relegation candidates.

My biggest concern is without Richarlison we have no other player in the box for a cross. 60mins in, Digne delivers a cross into the box and only DCL in there.

We need another wide forward badly in the transfer window. Iwobi and Bernard as backups is not good enough.
Against saints, the constant approach of swinging high crosses into the box when they have two giant cbs was poor strategy with or without Richy in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.