2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team on Sunday lacked pace which gave Southampton the eastiest game they could have imagined.
Seamus attacking down the the right and Richarlison on the left would have given us a totally different game.
Godfrey does not have the pace or attacking instincts of Seamus and Iwobi and Richarlison are just poles apart.
JR is a beautiful footballer but not pacy and that left us with only Digne as any kind of attacking threat.

Against Newcastle I expect to see Nkounou, Kenny and Gordon start and although inexperienced there is a lot of pace there.
Sometimes there's a lot to be said for keen, young, fast legs.

Edit; Has to be said, not Ancelotti's best ever selected 11 last Sunday.

I’m worried that Digne’s suspension will mean that Carlo won’t trust having 3 young players in the starting 11 and that may mean we’ll end up seeing Iwobi again instead of Gordon... I hope not, but I can see it happening...
I can’t see him after wining all them trophies and pick Wobes again.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH NEWCASTLE P/C

Rodriguez ruled out of Newcastle
Ancelotti says Kenny is back, Branthwaite also fit. Rodriguez out. Coleman out too
Rodriguez had a "little problem" and "needs to rest for this game but think's he is back next game

Carlo on Southampton defeat
On Southampton: "It was not a good day, we have moved forward. It is important, we want to stay at the top of the table if possible, playing against Newcastle is always difficult. We are focused, the spirit is good and we have confidence for the game."

Carlo on Newcastle
On Newcastle preparation: "We have to be focused on the opposing team of course, because we have to try and find the weakness of the team. But we have to be focused on ourselves most of the time. We are trying to avoid the mistakes against Southampton
The start of the season there were strange results but this means that there is more competitiveness in the Premier League. This is good for the league.

Carlo on strength in depth
I think that the fact we have players out, it's important to know the quality of the squad.

Carlo on injuries
On injuries this season: "I saw the report, I think that it's a really busy schedule. We had a lot of games in September, but after the international break we only had one game a week so for us it's not so bad. Of course the managers are concerned for this [more injuries]

Carlo's message to Everton Women
Firstly, everyone in the club is really excited for this final, it's a great opportunity to increase the history of this club. The message I can say to them is don't go to play the final, go to win the final

Carlo on Anthony Gordon
On Gordon: "I think Anthony Gordon has the same possibility to play as the other players in the squad. I have to choose the first 11 and as I say to the players all the time it's not important to start the game, it's important to be involved. The target is to help the team.

Carlo on substitutions
For sure I'm not going to finish with this 11, usually now there are three substitutions and I'm used to using all of the substitutions

More on Gordon
On Gordon hunger: "This is good to have motivation, for a young player motivation is really important. Every single day being focused and showing a good spirit. Anthony is doing this, and also if he needs to talk to me he has to show his personality. This is good for our team.

Carlo on Sigurdsson
On Sigurdsson: "Gylfi can play with James, without James, he can play everywhere. He has the quality which gives him the quality to play in different positions on the pitch, this is my opinion.

Ancelotti says Kenny is back, Branthwaite also fit. Rodriguez out. Coleman out too
Rodriguez had a "little problem" and "needs to rest for this game but think's he is back next game

On Southampton: "It was not a good day, we have moved forward. It is important, we want to stay at the top of the table if possible, playing against Newcastle is always difficult. We are focused, the spirit is good and we have confidence for the game."

Carlo on Newcastle
On Newcastle preparation: "We have to be focused on the opposing team of course, because we have to try and find the weakness of the team. But we have to be focused on ourselves most of the time. We are trying to avoid the mistakes against Southampton
The start of the season there were strange results but this means that there is more competitiveness in the Premier League. This is good for the league.

I think that the fact we have players out, it's important to know the quality of the squad.

Carlo on injuries
On injuries this season: "I saw the report, I think that it's a really busy schedule. We had a lot of games in September, but after the international break we only had one game a week so for us it's not so bad. Of course the managers are concerned for this [more injuries]

Firstly, everyone in the club is really excited for this final, it's a great opportunity to increase the history of this club. The message I can say to them is don't go to play the final, go to win the final

Carlo on Anthony Gordon
On Gordon: "I think Anthony Gordon has the same possibility to play as the other players in the squad. I have to choose the first 11 and as I say to the players all the time it's not important to start the game, it's important to be involved. The target is to help the team.

Carlo on substitutions
For sure I'm not going to finish with this 11, usually now there are three substitutions and I'm used to using all of the substitutions

More on Gordon
On Gordon hunger: "This is good to have motivation, for a young player motivation is really important. Every single day being focused and showing a good spirit. Anthony is doing this, and also if he needs to talk to me he has to show his personality. This is good for our team.

Carlo on Sigurdsson
On Sigurdsson: "Gylfi can play with James, without James, he can play everywhere. He has the quality which gives him the quality to play in different positions on the pitch, this is my opinion.

But what about Viiirgil?

Carlo on Newcastle

Carlo on injuries

Carlo on Anthony Gordon

Carlo on substitutions

More on Gordon

Carlo on Sigurdsson

he seems blind to siggys crapness which is a shame

Status
Not open for further replies.