2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, just listened to his interview on the OS - was asked about introducing Allan and unprompted answered “I have to be honest that I thought Iwobi did a good game....” Lost all respect for him right there. I assume he is trying to spare the players feelings, if he genuinely thinks that then I have no words.
Hopefully from now on you'll "have no words" for the rest of eternity.

Carlo doesn't criticise players in public. That's not his style and he isn't going to start now at 61 years of age.

I'm sure he says what he needs to in the dressing room. He's managed plenty of massive characters at the top elite end of the game.

Iwobi wasn't great but wasn't awful here. Just a pretty average performance.

If a manager had the jerk reactions of people in here they would be dead by 45.

My God, just listened to his interview on the OS - was asked about introducing Allan and unprompted answered “I have to be honest that I thought Iwobi did a good game....” Lost all respect for him right there. I assume he is trying to spare the players feelings, if he genuinely thinks that then I have no words.
what's he supposed to say? "aye mate, he was proper trash wasnt he?"

I give Carlo credit today for the win, considering it was a tough away game against a fighting WBA. His decision to let SIgurdsson take the inswinging corner worked. Gomes looked better in the 2nd half while DCL should have scored the 1 v 1.

Really happy to see Bernard given a decent shift today and he showed why he along with James is the most comfortable on the ball playing forward passes. I hope Carlo doesn't tinker with the CB partnership as Godfrey and Keane is the way to go.

Good to see him making the changes when they were needed, hooking Iwobi off at the right time. Although starting the game with actual wide players was very pleasing to see but knowing Carlo, he only did that as part of Sigurdsson rested and James unavailable.

Overall I maintain doubts on our approach, esp at home. Our inability not to kill games at home will cost us and the poor tactics against West Ham, Leeds, Newcastle and Fulham at home will be the difference at the end of the season. We are certainly riding our luck for the last 2 games, saved by the VAR by mm and presented a great chance to Southampton last game by deciding to see out the last 10 minutes.

I give Carlo credit today for the win, considering it was a tough away game against a fighting WBA. His decision to let SIgurdsson take the inswinging corner worked. Gomes looked better in the 2nd half while DCL should have scored the 1 v 1.

Really happy to see Bernard given a decent shift today and he showed why he along with James is the most comfortable on the ball playing forward passes. I hope Carlo doesn't tinker with the CB partnership as Godfrey and Keane is the way to go.

Good to see him making the changes when they were needed, hooking Iwobi off at the right time. Although starting the game with actual wide players was very pleasing to see but knowing Carlo, he only did that as part of Sigurdsson rested and James unavailable.

Overall I maintain doubts on our approach, esp at home. Our inability not to kill games at home will cost us and the poor tactics against West Ham, Leeds, Newcastle and Fulham at home will be the difference at the end of the season. We are certainly riding our luck for the last 2 games, saved by the VAR by mm and presented a great chance to Southampton last game by deciding to see out the last 10 minutes.

If people are genuinely worried about those four games only, out of 27.. isnt that pretty good?

We also had a goal ruled out by mm v Southampton which would have seen us cruse home.

The bottom line is we're right in the race for the top 4, a situation we'd have very gladly taken at the start of the season.

We've got plenty to work on, obviously. Yes we've looked really passive in a lot of games and we keep starting games looking like we're hungover, so clearly there's work to do. But we're winning more of these games than not, something we haven't done for quite a few years. I think also, like most teams, lack of crowds and fixture congestion with a relatively thin squad is becoming more and more obvious.

Carlo will be acutely aware of the improvements required longer term but that's what excites me. We're bang in the race for 4th yet a load of games we're not really playing that well. In fact quite poorly in terms of controlling games. Just imagine if we add some more fluidity and pace to our team, we could have some really exciting years coming up.

In short, doing brilliantly. Not getting too carried away because I'm aware we're edging games as opposed to just bossing teams. Fact is though Everton are winning games. Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.