2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the level of desire, fight, intensity and will to win that needs to be applied to every game here on in.

9 days now before we play again so no tiredness issues. Carlo needs to be specifically telling them that any player who cant get themselves up for or interested in these lesser games will be moved on as thats the wrong mentality for the clubs ambitions

A real lesson for the knee-jerk, armchair managers today.

It's not the criticism of Carlo that has irked me recently, it's the arrogance that comes with it. Over the last week I've been baffled seeing scathing criticism for a world class manager with no perspective and no consideration of the progress we've made under him. You're allowed to criticise but you're also allowed to not wet the bed if we have a few bad results.

To Do List:
  • Beat the RS
  • Win at Anfield
  • Qualify for Europe
  • Win a Trophy
Getting there boss

Ticking off milestones. Won away at the top 6, massively improved away form, won a cup tie against top 6 opposition, won a derby, won away at Anfield.

They’re all huge mental barriers for this team. Trophy is the next one as you say. Who would bet against Carlo fishing some magic to see off City.

A real lesson for the knee-jerk, armchair managers today.

It's not the criticism of Carlo that has irked me recently, it's the arrogance that comes with it. Over the last week I've been baffled seeing scathing criticism for a world class manager with no perspective and no consideration of the progress we've made under him. You're allowed to criticise but you're also allowed to not wet the bed if we have a few bad results.

Dont think its the results so much, more the awful performances served up that led to the results. We will get beat but if you dont break sweat and are uninterested thats unnaceptable

Every time he seems to be on the verge of heavy turbulence, Carlo seems to be able to conjure a win against the odds. Tonight, like the Spurs win, is potentially transformative in the medium term. Sure, we're up and down like a rollercoaster - and I fully expect us to lose the next game - but the bigger picture is that these players - or those he will choose to keep - all know that this man is a born and proven winner. If your manager knows how to win, you have an obligation to give him the raw materials to make it happen. I hope Mr Moshiri is enjoying his evening. Surely he must realise that he has finally backed a winner...and now he must keep backing him.

This is the level of desire, fight, intensity and will to win that needs to be applied to every game here on in.

9 days now before we play again so no tiredness issues. Carlo needs to be specifically telling them that any player who cant get themselves up for or interested in these lesser games will be moved on as thats the wrong mentality for the clubs ambitions

Thats always been the issue. And its why they will eventualy be moved on.
once bitten twice shy. As brilliant as the result is tonight consistencey is the key and i still dont trust half a dozen.
But thats for the next window. Just enjoying this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.