2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he's also done is subtly ensured that Van Dijk's behaviour on the field has to be scrutinised if anyone wants to conrst his views on Pickford's intent. Smart.

What i like is that Carlo didn't have to say it was the Van Dijk incident, but he did, and he treated it like it was part of the game.

And Liverpool fans probably questioning whether its a legit injury seeing as James played the whole game, but they can't argue with it otherwise they'd be calling Carlo a liar and look even more silly.

Yeah I’d like to know this as well. Holgate seems to be dragging a bit, what his initial time frame?

Was initially 8-12 weeks but it was later announced he didn't need surgery so I assune that timeline would have altered if that was based on him having needed to potentially go under the knife.

Its 7 weeks tomorrow since the injury so you would assume he is looking at making a return after the international break at the latest really.

Was initially 8-12 weeks but it was later announced he didn't need surgery so I assune that timeline would have altered if that was based on him having needed to potentially go under the knife.

Its 7 weeks tomorrow since the injury so you would assume he is looking at making a return after the international break at the latest really.

It seemed longer than that since he did it. Hopefully at least in full training again mid November mate.

Still can’t believe it happened in a pointless friendly against Preston FFS. Everton that lol

Got a feeling if this press conference goes ahead it’s gonna be side tracked a lot by you know what....

Hope someone asks him the timeline for the injuries to James, Holgate & Braithwaite.

Need those 3 fit again to pad out the squad.

Hopefully James will just be a week out, Branthwaite should be back in a week or so now I reckon.

Gbamin is the one I'm looking forward to hearing about in the next week or so. I think he's due back training with the squad in the next couple of weeks.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH SOUTHAMPTON P/C

Ancelotti says James not 'definitely' out
He trained today. I hope he is going to train tomorrow and we will see if he is in condition to play on Sunday
Today's training was quite good but he only partial training today.
“I can not tell you were the hematoma . The possibility he plays depends on training tomorrow. If he is comfortable in training he is going to play.”

Kenny not ready
Kenny not ready yet. Godfrey in line to start at right-back v Southampton

Sorry for Van Dijk
"In my opinion, it was a challenge, a mis-timed tackle. He didn't want to hurt Van Dijk. We are really sorry for this, he is a fantastic player. Every one of us hopes for a good recovery for him."

No consideration to drop Pickford
I don't think there's a consideration to take him out [of the limelight]. He is going to play on Sunday.

Southampton will be tough
"It's really tough, they played really well against Chelsea. To win, you have to be at 100%, I would like to be 100% because our target is to try to win."

Ancelotti: We need to remain consistent
"The start was good, now there is a consistency to show every game. We showed a good spirit against one of the best teams and we would like to show the same on Sunday. That's how you can judge the consistency of the team. The same quality, spirit, football.

Carlo - We trying to follow club's motto
Everyone here tries to follow what is the spirit of this club, the spirit of the club is really well explained in that phrase. Of course we are trying to follow this, I think it's a good motivation for us.

Ancelotti told DCL the most-important goal is the next one
What is the most important you have scored?" Carlo answered for him, telling the striker: "Don't think, The most important goal is the next one.

High intensity required
They are trying to play without the ball with high intensity, they are really compact. We have to be smart, we have to be clever with the ball. If we are, we could have chances to win the game.

Pickford spoke to Henderson on tackle
I know he talked after the game with Henderson, I don't know if he was in contact with Van Dijk after. I know that he tried.

“The players in training showed a good motivation. The players who haven’t played a lot know they have an opportunity to be important for this team and in this game. There is a lot of opportunities to replace the players who are out

Ben 'played a good game
I think Ben played a good game. It was not his usual position, but after the first 15 minutes where he had difficulty the second half was really better. He played against one of the best wingers in the world in Mane, so it wasn't an easy game
We tried him this week in training as a RB, he has all the qualities I am confident of that. He is going to play RB (on Sunday)

ON AWAY RECORD
"In general everywhere, to win away now is a little bit easier than in the past [without fans]. Apart from this, the team has more ambition and motivation. That gives us, in the last few games, the opportunity to win away."

Fantastic' Keane hailed
He is doing really well, scoring goals which is important. He played a lot of games really well, but there wasn't a lot of competition! Mina and Michael were more comfortable to not be in competition, but he has put in fantastic performances until now

ON MINA
In general he is doing well, he made a mistake. Everyone does, he was unfortunate that the mistake he made fell to Salah and ended in a goal. In general he is doing really well and I am impressed with him and Michael Keane.

Ancelotti on why he mentioned VVD in regards to James’ injury: “
Because he had a contact at the first minute with VVD. Simple

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.