2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say from a very early age Davide has been around top class players.
He has probably attended hundreds of training sessions as an observer while in his teens ,
He will have witnessed top one on one coaches in both attack and defense at work.
Probably hundreds of conversations with Carlo about football
Imagine all the top players he had access to .
Its no wonder he picked up a lot of tactical knowhow and I am sure Carlo made sure he done his badges with the best of the best

I thought it was a really nice interview with Ferguson actually, who speaks very thoughtfully and commnicates very well.

On the one hand what Davide is doing, is likely largely due to nepotism and I doubt at 30 he's an assistant manager here were it for his dad. We have to start with that context. There is a lot that's striking though. As he said he's grown up around football, and from a young age seemingly not wanted to go down the playing, but the coaching route.

There is a world, where Ancelotti stays, sees out his 5 years, maybe does another 3-4-5 on top and then knocks it on the head and a combination of Duncan/Davide take over. If Ancelotti is here for 5 years we will be in very good shape, if he's here for 10 we will be very very strong. It will be a point where you would not want to change too much radically.

He has observed and learnt from the best and the lad clearly wants to put roots down. I was always very impressed from Ancelotti on that, his whole family moved and a lot of them moved into the city. It's a real commitment. It seems a small thing but it is one of many ways he's differentiated from Koeman for example, wjo always seemed aloof. I think it's an exemplar of the commitment he has and how he views this as a longer term job for him.

As for his son, at 31 it's obviously too soon. But at 36-40 maybe being a singular Assistant to Duncan before taking over? Sure I could see a situation like that occuring. He clearly has a fair bit of drive and commitment, and Ancelotti seems to value him highly.

What he's also done is subtly ensured that Van Dijk's behaviour on the field has to be scrutinised if anyone wants to conrst his views on Pickford's intent. Smart.

It's another smart intervention. The next comment about Pickford will not be countenced with the fact VVD injured James. It changes the whole narrative. It's been done just subtly enough to not make it obvious. Also when they start moaning about not having VVD, it will be contrasted with how Everton have just shrugged off not having James, who lets be honest is a far superior player.

It's another smart intervention. The next comment about Pickford will not be countenced with the fact VVD injured James. It changes the whole narrative. It's been done just subtly enough to not make it obvious. Also when they start moaning about not having VVD, it will be contrasted with how Everton have just shrugged off not having James, who lets be honest is a far superior player.
You can do either or.

Waited for it to calm down and then took control and turned the situation completely around with a dose of professionalism, honesty and reality so much so that now the media is dominated by his statement and videos of Van dic head injuring our players.

Pure class from the boss man. Destined to be an Everton legend in years to come is the Don.

He shouldn't have used the words "we're really sorry about the injury to Van Dijk".

Not under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.