2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s like he just tried to pick all the players that were semi in-form after Wednesday, instead of actually focusing on a team that would have balance

and ffs, why do we consistently switch the centre-backs between playing left and right side???

None of them are naturally left sided, but Godfrey has been playing there when central as of late, which makes sense given he was at left-back. Today, it was Holgate, even though he’s been playing right back. Then it was Keane playing right side, and Godfrey left.

Every.Single.Time. anyone has said this he goes and picks those players immediately for the next match.

And there have been a LOT of those kinds of performances this season.
He’s got it in his head after Wednesday that Sigurdsson couldn’t be dropped.
It’s daft.

Sig played well the other day. Shouldn’t mean he starts if it completely disrupts the balance of the team. Or, if he really wanted him to start, then put James on the bench. Not switch the entire system around.

his plan was clearly to get on the ball in midfield and move up using the full-backs. But as we saw v Newcastle, it just doesn’t work. Whether it’s Carlo or Davide that came up with it, it was simple after 10 minutes it wasn’t working.

He’s been here 14 months, it is time to see some semblance of style now. I’m not bothered about superficial possession stats. I just want to see us build different types of attacks, see us be able to control 5/10 mins of a match to relive some pressure.

35 mins in, we’d played 10 passes into the final third. Fulham had played 28. It was disgraceful and 95% of the blame goes onto Carlo today. It’s not good enough.

The team selection wasn't negative. It was just a mishmash with zero balance. It was arrogant and prioritising future games. For that alone we deserved to lose.

The players can't play in that system with no runners, attacking full backs and 3 luxury players who don't do anything off the ball.

So you think Fulham for 3 of 4 halfs and Newcastle doing the double over us is about where we should be?
Soton, Newcastle twice, tonight and West Ham all deserved to beat us mate, Leicester home very lucky to get a point, Leeds away could easily have got a point, Utd away did we really deserve a point? The derby with the mane offside? I actually can't think of the top of my head losing or drawing a game that I've felt that we were robbed of points.

That's where we are at, and i think if Silva was still in charge we would be right down in a relegation battle.

Soton, Newcastle twice, tonight and West Ham all deserved to beat us mate, Leicester home very lucky to get a point, Leeds away could easily have got a point, Utd away did we really deserve a point? The derby with the mane offside? I actually can't think of the top of my head losing or drawing a game that I've felt that we were robbed of points.

That's where we are at, and i think if Silva was still in charge we would be right down in a relegation battle.
Add in Wolves away. I still can't work out how we won that game.

I wonder why he's not being asked now concerned he is at the amount of times our players collectively just don't turn up?

He's publicly came out several times and questioned their heart, desire and work rate but it doesn't appear to have changed anything at all because we're still doing exactly what we did against Leeds, West Ham and Newcastle at home, which is a complete and utter no-show all over the pitch, losing not even without a single goal, but not even testing the opposition goalkeeper once.

You could put it down to tired legs if it happens tonight, but this is pattern that's being going on for months.

So back to my point - surely the question needs to be asked just how concerned he is that his ideas aren't being taken on board by these players?

Lets wait until we have a decent team. Since Moyes, we've had different styles of manager but the common denominator is that the players just aren't good enough. If we had a good team and were grinding out turgid results, I'd agree with you.
That’s where I seem to disagree with a lot of folks.. I actually think we have a very good team.. sure it’s not top 3 but surely it doesn’t have to hide from the likes of Fulham.

I believe it’s as good as Leicester tbh .. surely you don’t believe though that it should shrink in the face of teams in the bottom half? Are we really only a championship level squad? Cos that’s what people always seem to be saying..I don’t buy it. For me it’s the mindset entrenched in the side... not the personnel..

No excuses for him he got it badly wrong , centre back pairing that hadn't played together, a midfield of Hamez, Siggy, Gomes, Davies should never be on the pitch together in the prem no pace, no tackling, no aggression.
Davies was actually the best of them last night and got subbed?
The right side Coleman and Hamez is asking to get ripped apart , infact anybody behind Hamez when on that side is left open and it means Duke has to drift over there and that means even less legs in the middle.
Who in there right minds things Siggy should be leading a forward formation?
There were ample players on the subs bench to have a more balanced side and realistically we would have more chance of picking up the points in this game than in are next few games.
We dont create enough chances and have been lucky that on the whole we have taken them when they have come along.
How many games have we had with no shots on target for most of a half?
It's a worrying trend that he has of messing about with the team selection when we play a team at home we are expected to win,
it's not Italy or Spain , Germany were the top teams can basically send out the B team to beat the bottom half teams, the prem isnt like that.
Why doesnt he react to a player ripping us apart , Phillips for Leeds , the lad last night just strolled around the entire game spraying passes about?
Saying that surely one of the older players should pick up on that and mark them.
We have blown a good chance to get up the league again and I think in the long run it will cost us expect us to finish about 8th , that's what I expected at the start of the season , and that's doing well with this squad , they have proved time and time again they are not up to the job , the manager has made mistakes but until the usual suspects are out the door we are not going to progress and without a manager ,(despite my moaning) like Carlo, I dreath to think were we would be , if we has Eddie Howe or someone like that we would be in the mire at the bottom.
He has made mistakes this season without doubt but going forward we need him to sort this mess out , it's been manager after manager let down by this squad and it has to end, we cant have this weak willed shower dragging us down any longer.
Needs to give himself a shake and realise he cant trust some of them to do nothing more than have the odd good game then revert to their usual dross.
Gomes , Siggy, iwobi , pickford ,sadly Coleman and this year Richardson have dropped into that category as well and I am a big fan of Richo, but he doesn't look right at all this season.
Are style of play has been sussed out when we do anything other than play it tight at the back ,
other than at the start of the season everytime we have come out of are shell we have come a cropper , why he keeps doing it is down to him in the long run so he has to take the blame when its deserved.
Fuming after last night because it wasnt unexpected , from him or the team.

his plan was clearly to get on the ball in midfield and move up using the full-backs. But as we saw v Newcastle, it just doesn’t work. Whether it’s Carlo or Davide that came up with it, it was simple after 10 minutes it wasn’t working.
It feels like they have an idea for a formation to use both last night and against Newcastle that clearly hasn't worked.

Hopefully this puts it to bed until they have significantly different personnel.

Got it horribly wrong. I wonder if he's OK mentally, maybe somethings bothering him. That burglary or smth else.

It’s like he just tried to pick all the players that were semi in-form after Wednesday, instead of actually focusing on a team that would have balance

and ffs, why do we consistently switch the centre-backs between playing left and right side???

None of them are naturally left sided, but Godfrey has been playing there when central as of late, which makes sense given he was at left-back. Today, it was Holgate, even though he’s been playing right back. Then it was Keane playing right side, and Godfrey left.

he was playing 4-3-2-1 which is fair enough but we lack Serdorf, Kaka, Pirlo and Gattuso so make it work. We also had minimal width and he took off the wrong centre midfielder. When we attacked we couldn’t transition from midfield to attack and could barley beat their press at times. They on the other hand could easily play out from the back and were in our attacking third with minimal effort. We didn’t press them or offer much on a counter attack. We didn’t have much possession and could barely string a pass together.

Maybe the players are knackered or maybe Carlo was just out thought by Scot Parker.

for me Gomes, Richarlison and Holgate look off the pace and off form. I don’t think Holgate is good enough and I haven’t a clue what’s happened to Richarlison. Bar the Spurs game (away) when he could have scored a few and looked dangerous he hasn’t really found any form this season at all - albeit he scored 2 in the FA Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.