2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
First full season so I don't think a sacking is even a consideration, unless we plummet to like 17th. 2 consecutive full seasons of underachievement would be an entirely different scenario, but we are a long long way away from that situation, so we shouldn't even be having the conversation.

The squad still is not good enough to get us where we need to be and I will not give the players a pass. They are responsible for our awful underachievement since Martinez first season.

It all comes back to the question of who on earth can we attract who is better than Ancelotti. I'm not aware of anyone, so I'm happy for him to be our manager for as long as he wants to be. If Ancelotti can't turn us around, then I'm not sure anyone can. We have so many problems that are so much deeper than managers. We sack and continue to underachieve, so I'll continue to back the manager and lay the blame at the feet of our inept and substandard sqaud.
To be fair, apparently it would be all of the managers of the clubs he mentioned if they’re able to do better than Carlo...

First full season so I don't think a sacking is even a consideration, unless we plummet to like 17th. 2 consecutive full seasons of underachievement would be an entirely different scenario, but we are a long long way away from that situation, so we shouldn't even be having the conversation.

The squad still is not good enough to get us where we need to be and I will not give the players a pass. They are responsible for our awful underachievement since Martinez first season.

It all comes back to the question of who on earth can we attract who is better than Ancelotti.
I'm not aware of anyone, so I'm happy for him to be our manager for as long as he wants to be. If Ancelotti can't turn us around, then I'm not sure anyone can. We have so many problems that are so much deeper than managers. We sack and continue to underachieve, so I'll continue to back the manager and lay the blame at the feet of our inept and substandard sqaud.
You say the squad is not good enough. From that, I take it you think Marcel Brands should face the sack then? He’s been here long enough and I’m yet to see any sort of recruitment plan.

On your second point ‘Who else can we attract?’ Not every manager is suited to every club. Is Ancelotti what we need to build right now? He’s bringing in older players to try and get instant success but it appears to have backfired.

Look at the impact a manager from the Championship had on this club in 2002. Far greater than I think anything Ancelotti will do.

It’s not always about the glamour.

You say the squad is not good enough. From that, I take it you think Marcel Brands should face the sack then? He’s been here long enough and I’m yet to see any sort of recruitment plan.

On your second point ‘Who else can we attract?’ Not every manager is suited to every club. Is Ancelotti what we need to build right now? He’s bringing in older players to try and get instant success but it appears to have backfired.

Look at the impact a manager from the Championship had on this club in 2002. Far greater than I think anything Ancelotti will do.

Looking back, we got lucky big time with Moyes.
Championship managers thriving in the prem long term is very much the exception

It all comes back to the question of who on earth can we attract who is better than Ancelotti. I'm not aware of anyone, so I'm happy for him to be our manager for as long as he wants to be. If Ancelotti can't turn us around, then I'm not sure anyone can.

It's important to have expectations and to scrutinize, but it is still early for Carlo and he can be a huge success at Everton. It's too soon to be talking about other managers in my opinion.

But it's true that sometimes great managers don't work out at clubs. It doesn't mean they are bad managers, it can be a lot of things. The chemistry is important. Van Gaal at Man United. Lippi at Inter. Del Bosque at Besiktas. Benitez at Inter. Sacchi at Atletico.

The team is on a bad run but perspective is important, we must be patient.

The idea of a man on £11m p/a being sacked for not meeting expectations is ludicrous?

We sacked Sam Allardyce for finishing 8th and yet Ancelotti will get a free ride because of things he achieved at other clubs?

He either wins us a cup or gets European football or he can leave.

Our competition for 7th place is Leicester, Aston Villa, Wolves, Southampton and West Ham. If he can’t best the likes of Moyes and Smith then why the hell is he here?

We sack him, and we’re still going to have to pay the £11m p/a regardless. His contract will be getting paid by us either way.

We bring someone else in, who more than likely, will achieve similar results with the squad available on yet more money.

He’s here until his contract is up barring any major fallout or real threat of relegation.

If we’re not willing to give a manager more than 18mnths (a serial winner at that) to prove he can get us where we want to be. Then we don’t deserve any kind of success.

I’m not even getting started on the perennial relegation dodging Sam Allardyce comparisons.

I would not offer Brands a new contract, no. I don't think the DOF model suits us as a club full stop tbh. Recruitment is a major reason why we are struggling to compete.

There's nothing yet to suggest Ancelotti doesn't suit Everton. He's more a pragmatist than a philosophy manager, and I think that does suit us. Pragmatism does result in mistakes at times, but I can live with that. When he has had his first choice 11 on the pitch, we have been very competitive. But when we have had to look at the squad options to fill in, we've been far from competitive. That to me suggests a complete lack of quality in the squad and goes back to previous regimes.

Give him time to build a squad of his choosing and I've no doubt he'll succeed. Whether he gets the backing to do that, only time will tell.

I would not offer Brands a new contract, no. I don't think the DOF model suits us as a club full stop tbh. Recruitment is a major reason why we are struggling to compete.

There's nothing yet to suggest Ancelotti doesn't suit Everton. He's more a pragmatist than a philosophy manager, and I think that does suit us. Pragmatism does result in mistakes at times, but I can live with that. When he has had his first choice 11 on the pitch, we have been very competitive. But when we have had to look at the squad options to fill in, we've been far from competitive. That to me suggests a complete lack of quality in the squad and goes back to previous regimes.

Give him time to build a squad of his choosing and I've no doubt he'll succeed. Whether he gets the backing to do that, only time will tell.

I have two concerns:

- Fitness
- His tendency to have overcomplicated things rather than just playing back-up players (it so happens that those back-ups not picked are youngsters).

I can live with the mistakes and he has my full backing, because there has been plenty of positives. However, those two isses above need amending.

The second one is the easy fix. Just keep things simple, at least until we can get better players in and rotate out half of the squad which is still tosh.

The fitness thing needs work, but my worry is it has been a tendency with most of Ancelotti's sides over the last 7 or 8 years.

Brands has been very hit and miss in terms of first team transfers. I suppose it remains to be seen whether his work on the club infrastructure will bear fruit.

A lack of squad depth has really hurt us. I guess Carlo has been trying to go with players he trusts rather than risking youth, which maybe he should do since the more senior players haven’t stepped up. I don’t know what anyone could expect of Tom Davies in a wing back role.

You have to imagine flying back and forth to South America will impact on Richarlison, James and Mina. I really don’t see us being anywhere near a CL spot this year but I don’t think anyone did before the season started.

Mad that some fans are talking about him being sacked. Wasn't long ago we were blasting Spirit of the Blues and getting giddy over our football.

For me, he's shown the good and bad. He's shown how well we can play with a squad that badly needs improving still.

He's also shown how badly we can play. In that instance, it's no surprise that key players are missing from that squad (that badly needs improving).

I know we're wanting and expecting more, but at some point, do we need to be realistic as a fanbase that we're nowhere near the level we think we are and it's going to take time to rebuild a squad worthy of it. We have a bench with Tosun and Sigurdsson on it. Yet fans seem to think we should be CL?? A reality check is needed, we have a few key players, without them, we're a very poor squad. It's going to take time, money and patience.

Mad that some fans are talking about him being sacked. Wasn't long ago we were blasting Spirit of the Blues and getting giddy over our football.

For me, he's shown the good and bad. He's shown how well we can play with a squad that badly needs improving still.

He's also shown how badly we can play. In that instance, it's no surprise that key players are missing from that squad (that badly needs improving).

I know we're wanting and expecting more, but at some point, do we need to be realistic as a fanbase that we're nowhere near the level we think we are and it's going to take time to rebuild a squad worthy of it. We have a bench with Tosun and Sigurdsson on it. Yet fans seem to think we should be CL?? A reality check is needed, we have a few key players, without them, we're a very poor squad. It's going to take time, money and patience.
No they don’t. Stop exaggerating to try and make some absurd point.

Yup. The team, as a whole, was dire last year and we still have most of the same personnel in place. A few big improvements in Allan and James but still some glaring deficiencies which are easily exploited.

I haven't been able to see his posts.. but take it GwladysBlue is on the warpath against Ancelotti again?

It`s like he`s vomited up all of his posts against Martinez, Koeman and Silva.

If we`re not top of the league, playing 1970`s Brazil footy and buying Ronaldo, it`s just non stop.

Just watch how he disappears back into his hole once we start winning again.

Not infallible but he's shown us what he's capable of with this side. Couple more windows and we'll be a force hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.