2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Carlo and want him to succeed with us, but bringing off James and sending on tosun when looking for an equaliser was a real head scratcher. Who was going to provide the ammunition for the two strikers in the box? We needed James still on the pitch and sacrificed someone else.

James was doing fine when he was moved more central in the second half. even if he was tired, just leave him sitting around their box and something might have happened. Really really puzzling tactics.

Anyway, hope Carlo succeeds but my god, stop making rubbish tactical/personnel blunders.
I guess he had no choice with Gylfi in side but yeah there has been some odd decsions. Its almost as if he still has pressure to showcase Tosun to put him in the January shop window.

Criticising some of carlo' s decisions doesn't mean people want him booted. He, like all managers, is open to criticism. Yeah, we're glad he's here, but no-one can tell me he shouldn't get stick for starting siggy, and persisting with him, whilst leaving Gordon out of the squad. Decisions like that rightfully need scrutiny, not only from us, but the people who pay his wages at the club.

The sad thing now is Brands’ and Ancelotti’s plan this year was to buy older players for instant improvement and we have now reverted back to looking no better than last season only we now have a lot of players approaching 30.

The sad thing now is Brands’ and Ancelotti’s plan this year was to buy older players for instant improvement and we have now reverted back to looking no better than last season only we now have a lot of players approaching 30.

Good point actually. If anything, Brands has doubled-down on Walsh's ill-fated "strategy".

Just seen we haven’t lost three games consecutively for 15 years.

Our 12th place finish last season was also our worst finish for 16 years.

Let’s hope that’s the last of the horrendous records Ancelotti breaks.

We lost to wolves man city and watford in feb 2019 under silva. I mean not even years ago. LAST year.
You were banging on earlier about being "factual"
Nice try trying to slip that one in though.
You win GOTs Donald Trump award for today.

Stop trying to use 18th like that’s where we would’ve finished. There was 6 months of the season left.

I'm not trying to "use" anything mate, I'm asking you where we were positioned when Silva was sacked in relation to where Leicester were when Leicester was sacked. They are the "facts" and you telling me to stop using them isn't going to work. If you want to debate facts, then don't get so defensive when asked about them.

You and I may have an opinion that it was a false position, or Leicester may have been worse, but it's just an opinion.

Just seen we haven’t lost three games consecutively for 15 years.

Our 12th place finish last season was also our worst finish for 16 years.

Let’s hope that’s the last of the horrendous records Ancelotti breaks.

Surely, if you're going to blame the 12th place finish, you blame the guy who had us in the bottom 3 after 15 games, as opposed to the guy who showed top 6/7 form for the 20 games he was here?

Surely, if you're going to blame the 12th place finish, you blame the guy who had us in the bottom 3 after 15 games, as opposed to the guy who showed top 6/7 form for the 20 games he was here?
That isn't true though we didn't achieve top 6/7 form under Carlo last season. We got 30 points from Carlo's 20 games which is 1.5 points per game. That would give us 57 points for a full season. That isn't top six form.

It gets even worse if you look a bit more deeply. Carlo started of taking 17 from a possible 24 points but ended the season with 5 from a possible 18. So new manager bounce had us challenging for the top 4, but we ended up in relegation form.

Status
Not open for further replies.