2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the form of Gomes and Pickford has been questionable but I want us to go with this side again..

Screenshot_20201108-152012_Chrome.jpg

Lets face it.. we started losing games when this XI and setup had to be changed because of the suspensions and injuries.

I know the form of Gomes and Pickford has been questionable but I want us to go with this side again..

View attachment 107497

Lets face it.. we started losing games when this XI and setup had to be changed because of the suspensions and injuries.

As a matter of fact

We haven't lost a single match with this line up and only tied against Liverpool but people forget because they don't like Gomes

View attachment 107497

The issue I have is that you are almost never going to have your ABSOLUTE best 11. Injuries and suspensions. And, yet, we've been DIRE in 2.5 of those 3 matches. Carlo has won everything. I know we don't have a good squad but you have to play with what you have available to you. And the results and performances of those matches are, frankly, unacceptable.

This should have been the plan in the summer with a pacey wide player like Zaha or Bailey signed to play out on the right.

Lets be honest James doesnt run any less than Gomes or Siggurdsson so we wouldn't be losing much work rate or pressing out of the midfield.

True. And you'd get the wide players to help with the graft.

View attachment 107497

Wouldn’t be adverse to it. Holgate stays in for me, though.

if we want to go out and get on the front foot then Bernard could start.

there has to be more onus on Doucoure to get forward, too, and Allan needs to be told to sit in and shield rather than rush about everywhere like a maniac

I'd rather doucoure sit and shield and Allan be allowed to forage further forward. Allan has more composure on the ball and can pick a pass, whereas doucoure is limited in possession and would probably work more effectively as the sitting destroyer.

The bloody moaning on here give the man a chance ffs ,one proper transfer window hes had !
It's ridiculous isnt it? Most of these rubbish players have had many managers throw them yet the penny hasn't dropped. This is why we can't have nice things.

Dont expect any manager to turn the likes of Gylfi and Iwobi into good players. They are average at best and that's their ceiling. Ancelotti needs better players as Roger's had at Leicester. He's not to blame for our years of bad recruitment.

One minute we're doing well then introduce Gylfi and few others into the mix, then we're on the decline. It's that simple - it's clear why. Some people need to grow up on here. We're an immature set of fans in all honesty.

I like Carlo and want him to succeed with us, but bringing off James and sending on tosun when looking for an equaliser was a real head scratcher. Who was going to provide the ammunition for the two strikers in the box? We needed James still on the pitch and sacrificed someone else.

James was doing fine when he was moved more central in the second half. even if he was tired, just leave him sitting around their box and something might have happened. Really really puzzling tactics.

Anyway, hope Carlo succeeds but my god, stop making rubbish tactical/personnel blunders.

Status
Not open for further replies.